Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Where to buy (europe)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ljusto Struhar
Montenegro
Kotor
flag msg tools
Hi, I thought this game was coming out in august, and I've tried all the EU board game sites since but never found one with copies in stock. Can anyone tell me how or where I could order it (in europe)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we had a few copies released in early August, but they sold out very quickly. Morning Players has some copies (https://morning-family.com/preorders/scythe) arriving for Essen, and there are more copies arriving in November. You can request that any game store carry it and they should stock it for you in November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosme Benito
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Similar question, is there any EU store who allows pre-order for the collector's edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe it was already ssaid that the Collector's edition won't be reprinted (otherwise it's not collectors anymore), but all of the extra contents inside will/are available separately. So you can buy retail and the extras to have the same content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosme Benito
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bummer, guess I'll have to get the standard version instead. Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter is correct. We're making all of the stuff that was in the Collector's Edition, but the various pieces will only be sold separately. That way you can buy exactly what you want and we can respect backers who provided an early investment in the box that says "Collector's Edition."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ljusto Struhar
Montenegro
Kotor
flag msg tools
Thanks for letting us know. I wanted to back the game during the KS campaign but the shipping costs to EU were too high

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the shipping prices we used during the Kickstarter campaign for Scythe:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ljusto Struhar
Montenegro
Kotor
flag msg tools
I know, I'm "everywhere else"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ljusto Struhar
Montenegro
Kotor
flag msg tools
Bumping this thread. I am seeing some EU shops have the game in stock, but they have outrageously high shipping, I'm talking about 30euro shipping which just seems like a ripoff.
Anyone have any other sources where they bought it in the eu?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infiltrator84 wrote:
Bumping this thread. I am seeing some EU shops have the game in stock, but they have outrageously high shipping, I'm talking about 30euro shipping which just seems like a ripoff.
Anyone have any other sources where they bought it in the eu?

Shipping in general is outrageously high compared to 10-15 years ago.

I just shipped someone a much smaller & lighter game than Scythe. Royal Mail prices were about 18 euros to send it slow delivery, untracked, within the UK.

I've sent it via one of our cheap couriers, but we don't have that option as soon as you cross a national boundary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
Shipping in general is outrageously high compared to 1015 years ago.

Oh yes, I remember those days in 1001 AD well. Much excitement over the start of a new millennium. Shipping was cheaper perhaps, but the speed... it was like the dark ages!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the turn of the first millennium, all seemed so full of promise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.