4 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification about spaces with monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Wirtz
msg tools
Hi all,

Just trying to confirm that if players move into a space with monsters they are not required to fight?

Seems a little strange to me that players can just stand around with monsters on the same space, but I didn't see anything to state otherwise.

Can players take Cleanse actions on spaces with monsters currently?

Or use City Actions in Districts with monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to fight, you can do anything. It should be noted that ending your turn in a space with monsters is often a death sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
You don't have to fight, you can do anything. It should be noted that ending your turn in a space with monsters is often a death sentence.

This is the primary piece of advice I give all new players to this.

The game we played without it left us wondering how in hell's teeth the FAITH players could ever win. The second game we played now fully aware of it, and we are now wondering how in hell's teeth the Sin can ever win

Looking forward to figuring out some deeper strategies in our next encounter, but yeah, you don't have to fight... but it's gonna hurt if you don't...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wirtz
msg tools
Interesting- makes me think I need to rethink my strategy as Sin (granted it was our first game). I found it difficult how many extra turns the heroes seemed to be able to bank between the City Actions and the Leader's ability. I found myself unable to keep up with the number of turns per round. And then especially once they geared up- it seemed like I needed at least 5 hits just to break their armor and they were good at managing corruption meaning they could annihilate pretty much any area they wanted. They even killed the Avatar in one character's first attack. It was a suicide attack, but they killed it with ease and won the game still having a few lives left over in the pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.