Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell Beitzel
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever tried scanning in the cards, and then printing them (or getting them printed) in a mini size version? I want to make a version of this that is even smaller. I'm considering scanning in all of the cards, shrinking them down and turning them sideways. So that you could fit 2 cards into the space of one regular sized playing card. Or maybe use the Avery clean edge business cards. Those are about the right aspect ratio and much smaller.

Using this and a play mat instead of the boards I could have a very small travel version of this excellent game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My travel version is on my phone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't really need anything apart from the cards - the boards are superfluous and the tokens could be replaced by a counter or pen and paper. Left with a deck of cards, I think it's about as travel friendly as you can get it. I'm sure in a discussion elsewhere it was decided they fit in a deck box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
The cars are a little odd shaped to fit in a standard deck box but they'd probably fit in a Tarot size deck box if that exists. My travel version has mini boards, a d20, and the deck. I printed a deck box and everything fits in there with a D20 in a bag in my pocket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Beitzel
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this game available on phones?! I checked and I don't see it anywhere!

I realize that everything except for the cards is un-needed. I still want to make this as small as possible. If I could make the cards half sized and be able to fit them into a deck box along with another small game or some dice or something it would be perfect!

I'll have to start experimenting today. Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the three game boards + rules into four 56mm x 100mm cards. (Same size as the cards). I created my own tuckbox and use a D20 die to keep track of life points. Whole thing is less than 1/2 the size of the original game box and very portable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Beitzel
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest everyone. Unfortunately I did not realize I needed to get publisher permission. I am trying to get that now. I did finish a version of this game that can be printed and cut out and fits into FFG yellow sleeves (same size as Elder Sign small cards)

Using this size you can either not use a game board or I may design a game board that takes up 1 sheet of paper and can go into my 1PG Gamenomicon Binder.

Overall this size card is perfect and really makes for a super portable version of the game. Hopefully it will be able to see the light of day at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruharc wrote:
Is this game available on phones?! I checked and I don't see it anywhere!

Yeah, i've programmed it for Android phones - but it's just private stuff and not official...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Beitzel
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have gotten permission from the publisher to post my portable version. I'm just waiting for it to get approved and I'll post the link here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruharc wrote:
I have gotten permission from the publisher to post my portable version. I'm just waiting for it to get approved and I'll post the link here!

Color me surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Beitzel
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here is a link to the portable version of Friday. Please note this is posted with the full permission of the creator and publisher! If you like this game PLEASE support them by purchasing the published game. It is worth it! This version is meant to be a more portable version of the full game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137658/friday-mini-card-u...

If anyone has any questions or suggestions please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Orel
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruharc wrote:

That's awesome! Now all we need is for Almecho to get permission to put his android app in the Play store...

I love this game and a mobile version would make it ultra portable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.