Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conan Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

The rule says the steps to visit the island are as following:

1. If the player wants to visit an island, he moves his chieftain to the island dock of his choice. Then, the player immediately moves his sub-chief on the scoring track to record the points indicated.

2. Then the player takes what is shown on the island (place tiles or points).

3. Next, the player must pay for the island visit with feet. The cost (in feet) is shown on the chosen dock. Additionally, he needs 1 or more boats to accommodate the feet shown. If a player has too few feet or not enough space on his available boats, he cannot move his chieftain to this dock!

4. The player returns the visited island face-up under the island stack.
If the player cannot put the place tile that is shown into his realm, or if there are no more place tiles of the kind shown available, he scores only the points on the dock for the island visit.

My question is: if the tiki can cover the feet symbol, may I use the newly got feet to pay the cost?

Since I will get the tiki tiles at the second step, and paying is the third step.

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that this is just a badly structured description of what happens. Step #3 should be the first step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree. I would also mention that the implementation of Hawaii on yucata.de will not allow you to move to the island if you do not have the appropriate resources in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition, the Z-Man version of the English rules does have you pay for the travel to the island first. This is consistent with the general rules covering movement on the main island; you can't stop at a main island location if you cannot buy anything there for whatever reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks all!
Paying first really makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.