Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Jurena
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own this game but i am thinking of purchasing it on the secondary market.

I have read that there are differences in the mapboards between the first and second editions...

(The first edition has a fairly thin/flimsy board and the second edition (1980 edition) has a thicker, better quality board.

I guess this only can be answered by someone who owns both editions - but my question is if there is a BIG difference in the quality of board, or does it not really matter when purchasing the game.

Also, would anybody know if either of the map boards are like the old style Avalon Hill Advanced Squad Leader mapboards? I own those ASL mapboards, and they are of a very good quality.

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmb
I don't know which version I own, and don't know about the mapboards in ASL, but the Wizards Quest board I have is like the other Avalon Hill games I own(ed) - Third Reich, D-Day, PanzerLeader - nice heavy board.

edit: I have the '79 version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An excellent game! I have the first edition and the map boards are just fine. It's plenty of play time on them and the hold up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note there are two types of boards. One is split and you simply rest each half on the table. The other in a single folding board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.