Mathieu L.
Canada
flag msg tools
I've just started to play boardgames and it's the first coop game I play, so I don't have anything to compare.

I was wondering if this game is supposed to be really hard? Or the difficulty is just normal and I'm just a newb in boardgame?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is pretty hard with only 2 characters. The difficulty will vary depending on character choice, but it's hard to stay on top of everything with such few choices.

The game really eases up with three or four characters. Many say that the game was designed for the full four characters. Try three characters and see how you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing through the campaign, some quests are easier than others. I just finished playing through the campaign with the Warrior Priest and Waywatcher and managed to achieve the victory condition in 3 of the 5 quests, so it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A tip: definitely make sure you're play through the campaign, and don't get too concerned by the first mission.

I've just finished playing the full campaign solo with the four (base-game) characters and I won every mission except the first. I don't think I got that much better as I moved through; I think the first (when you have no advanced moves and no gear except potentially one piece if you find something) is actually the hardest.

For two heroes especially: I think the trick to the first mission (which I've yet to beat in the four or five times I've played it) is to rush exploration and try to ignore the enemies you can, but with only two heroes you have much less space in your engagement zones and so you'll frequently have enemies getting bonus hits as they attempt to engage and don't have space.

Experience also helps, as you work out which characters are good at what and how to have them interact, plus how to manage board-state and enemy engagement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to the others, since this is you're first co-op.... most well regarded co-ops are designed to be difficult enough such that the player loses 60% of the time. Otherwise, it wouldn't have much longevity with experienced gamers after a few plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try solo with 3 characters. You will finally enjoy the game, even though it's more to keep track of. Quite a lot of threads on here about that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worked quickly to 3 characters solo and eventually to 4. Found 4 to be the most fun, by far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu L.
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok I've just tried at 4 and we finished the first quest easily.
That game is just too hard for 2 heroes. If I replay at 2 players, we will get each 2 heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it went better! I would say that the first quest I ended up getting very good at beating with consistency, but there are much tougher challenges in 2 through 5. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play all my two player games with four characters. It's far too hard otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.