Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after many trips back to school, much soul searching, a handful of interviews, and many entry-level/student jobs, my role at work just changed to Financial Analyst. Not Finance Student, or Accounting Assistant, or Junior Analyst, but just straight up Financial Analyst. It feels really weird, like I still consider myself a know-nothing student.

It looks like I might even be getting a trip to Montreal to meet with our sister-studio's analyst team and to get some sort of training. Like, paid for by the company. I never fathomed that I'd be the kind of person to have a job where I'm going on business trips. It's messed up, and awesome.

Now no one tell my boss that I have no idea what the heck I'm doing and that I'm a total fraud...shhhh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
BAD TOUCH!!!
badge
Ohh yeahh! That's the spot!
mbmbmbmb
Congrats, Kevin!

Does this mean we might catch a game with you on Steam in the near future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
Fake it 'till you make it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Congrats, Kevin!

Does this mean we might catch a game with you on Steam in the near future?

CAN'T.

OVERWATCH.

Seriously, finding a group of IRL people who love playing video games has curbed my free time to play with the usual crowd. You know I <3 you guys though, so our paths will have to cross again.

My hobbies are often cyclical, so eventually my D&D game will dissolve and something will have to fill the gap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats Kevin! I should have a BBA in April and despite doing well in my accounting classes, I also often wonder what I have actually learned. Good to know that persists in the job atmosphere. I wonder if I eventually get my accounting designation, if I'll still feel similarly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome to adulting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:

Welcome to adulting.

Yeah-- you're going be a great adulter. Don't sweat it.

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to rain on your parade, but you will come to hate business trips in the near future. whistle

Congratulations on the job - and the expense report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Not to rain on your parade, but you will come to hate business trips in the near future. whistle

So true.

If you go transoceanic, try to talk them into business class. You'll be able to work on the plane and sleep soundly, so you'll be much more productive when you land. (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Cat - No Cradle
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Its not how many letters you have after your name, its how you use them that counts.

All the best and congratulations! Its no mean feat. Keep on learning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't break a sweat. The whole world is faking it. Except maybe a handful of weirdo geniuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!!

And yes, business trips are a love/hate thing for me. I love getting out of the office, but often the stress of traveling outweighs that pleasure. A necessary evil, but there 'ya go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.