Hide
11 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: How much table space does this take up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Smith
msg tools
Arkham barely fit on my table, and any of the big box expansions were out of the question. This looks like it would take up less space, but is it significant enough that I could fit a sideboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Powell
Australia
Glenrowan
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the main board is the same size as Arkham.
So if that only just fits, then there will be no room for a side board.
The side boards are slightly smaller than the Arkham ones though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can barely use my 120x90 living room table for two players when using a expansion sideboard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cali _Gozer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To save on table space, and also save time on set-up/tear-down I highly recommend the box insert made by Daedalus Productions Inc.

http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/quick-start-in...

This is currently holding the core game and both Mountains of Madness and Forsaken Lore expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both games, with expansions: can't say that one is more compact than the other. I use 3 x 8-slot business-card holders to save room at the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem I have with a lot of these custom inserts is that they rarely account for future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosu Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
I'd recommend making your own insert. That way you can consider your table space, even for shape of removable parts of the insert.
I am finishing my 2 box insert for Eldritch Horror, and tried to keep playable contents in one box, and setup ones in the other (had to place epic monster and investigator tokens, as well as GOO and investigator cards in a removable box in the second, but well, those are not used so frequently after setup, and can just take and place that box somewhere on the table).

First box:

Second box:

Need to put the dividers on the bottom left part, and on the right for two GOO (leaving room for future GOO like the one in Carcosa which has still not been published in Spain). Under characters and epic monsters are two spaces, one for characters and another for GOO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty close to my own plans, thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the complete, polar opposite of DIY. Call me YID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We find that this takes up much less space than Arkham.

Base board same size, sideboards are rarely used. If you like decks, you can stack them on the generous open spaces on the board. Likewise with some tokens (Gates). Each player gets a small ziplock at start with 2 train tickets, 2 ship tickets, 2 focus tokens, a set of improvement/impairment tokens, 2 each of the 3 health, 3 sanity, 1 health and 1 sanity tokens, and we never have to dig them out of a box. Monsters in a bag, clues in a cup. Clue discards in a different cup. Little cards (Conditions, Artifacts, Uniques, Spells) stacked near the player responsible for handing them out. We have plastic containers that store them and serve to hold them in game. Another small bin for remaining tokens.

To really save space, you can use the Eldritch app, (which gets very little mention on these forums for some reason) which removes the need for the 8 decks of Encounter cards (City, Generic, Otherworld, Expedition, Mystic Ruins and Research), and any special decks the Old One may have.

Hope this helps. Arkham routinely requires us to set up extra tables for overflow of stuff. This never happens with Eldritch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crispy66 wrote:
We find that this takes up much less space than Arkham.

Base board same size, sideboards are rarely used. If you like decks, you can stack them on the generous open spaces on the board. Likewise with some tokens (Gates). Each player gets a small ziplock at start with 2 train tickets, 2 ship tickets, 2 focus tokens, a set of improvement/impairment tokens, 2 each of the 3 health, 3 sanity, 1 health and 1 sanity tokens, and we never have to dig them out of a box. Monsters in a bag, clues in a cup. Clue discards in a different cup. Little cards (Conditions, Artifacts, Uniques, Spells) stacked near the player responsible for handing them out. We have plastic containers that store them and serve to hold them in game. Another small bin for remaining tokens.

To really save space, you can use the Eldritch app, (which gets very little mention on these forums for some reason) which removes the need for the 8 decks of Encounter cards (City, Generic, Otherworld, Expedition, Mystic Ruins and Research), and any special decks the Old One may have.

Hope this helps. Arkham routinely requires us to set up extra tables for overflow of stuff. This never happens with Eldritch.
None of this is particularly inherent in EH, not unachievable with AH. My "at table" token stores take up the same space for both games (a small tackle box) and so do the card stacks (three 8-slot business card holders). The only real difference is whether you play with side boards or not. And neither game requires them to make use of the expansion they come with.

TL;DR there's no significant difference between EH and AH for table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.