Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Archer: OYGB this afternoon. The game is definitely an interesting and fun twist on classic Love Letter, but I feel I'm already not a fan of Dr. Krieger.

In our very first playthrough, twice a player (the same player) guessed correctly with Dr. Krieger on the very first action of the round, before any other player even had an action in the game.

Could they not come up with a better way to balance this guy? I'd be fine with giving that player a victory point (and playing to 7 points like Batman Loveletter)for guessing correctly but it's just not fun to flat out win the round with this guy.

edit: after guessing correctly, the player would be awarded a point and the Hidden Identity card would be replaced with a new card from the deck

Dr. Krieger does make for some interesting gameplay, don't get me wrong. The best moments are when a player plays Cheryl Tunt to set up for the Krieger play only for someone to counter it with Ray Gillette or Lana Kane to put a kink in their plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:

edit: after guessing correctly, the player would be awarded a point and the Hidden Identity card would be replaced with a new card from the deck

No, this is wrong, the game round ends immediately and a new round begins. I don't see Krieger as being over powered at all, it is one of the best additions to the game and for me makes it the best version of love letter to date. If you take note over 50 games you will see that most of the time people guess wrong will Krieger, much like people guess wrong with Archer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
No, this is wrong

I understand what the rules are. That's a suggestion for a variant to make Dr. Krieger less un-fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.