Subject: Moving through a monster... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
so, if I start on a space and want to move THROUGH a space with a monster...do I do a Evade check to get through the 2nd part of my movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two conditions for evade checks are:
• Attempting to perform an action other than Attack or Move in a space with a monster.
• Attempting to voluntarily leave a space with a monster.

Moving through a monster's space clearly triggers the second condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rowley
England
flag msg tools
The bit that confuses me is if you start your turn in a space with a monster and use the move action to leave it. That seems to contradict these two rules.

I'm voluntarily leaving the space, but doing so using the move action which doesn't trigger an evade check.

Unless the clarification is that you don't have to perform two evade checks - 1 for taking the move action, and 1 for leaving the space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kikizosan wrote:
The bit that confuses me is if you start your turn in a space with a monster and use the move action to leave it. That seems to contradict these two rules.

I'm voluntarily leaving the space, but doing so using the move action which doesn't trigger an evade check.

Unless the clarification is that you don't have to perform two evade checks - 1 for taking the move action, and 1 for leaving the space?

You have the original timing wrong, which makes your last supposition correct. You have to do the Evade check before doing an action which isn't Move nor Attack. You also have to do it whenever attempting to move out of your space voluntarily.

So given that you can only leave the space after you successfully triggered the Move action, you would have to Evade twice if the Evade check rules didn't exclude Move actions; once before the Move and once during the Move when you actually leave the space.

The way it's worded can be confusing, but it is necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.