Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered an In Stock: A Week In Hell: The Battle of Hue back at the end of July from Battles Magazine. And was given a confirmation of my order. They collected my payment.

Two weeks pass, no shipping confirmation, I wrote a GeekMail asking Olivier about the game...
NO RESPONSE.

A Week later... another GeekMail...
NO RESPONSE.

30 days pass and I sent 2 more emails through Battles Magazine's email addresses...
Also NO RESPONSE.

40 days pass, I start my PayPal dispute with a message through PP.
NO RESPONSE in 7 days. I escalate the dispute.

Paypal sends a message to Mr. Olivier. Also...you got it.
NO RESPONSE.

After giving Olivier 7 more days to respond, Paypal took my money back from Battles Magazine and returned it to me. yuk

Just a warning to others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mb
Sorry for your disgraceful experience.

From my part the quality of the magazine and the customer service have always been excellent, but suppose bad things happen to everyone.

An email treated as spam repeatedly or so. That has happened to me in other context.
But of course by no means this minimize your bad experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't surprise me. He's a little haphazard in his service. Everything takes far longer than you might expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viscount Hill
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gustavo,

bad things can happen to everyone. But, then professionals and people not cheating try to solve them. But with Battle Magazine we're many people who just lost our money, never got the magazine and never got any serious answer. It happened to me (first and only time after 20+ years that I lost my money buying online, including not just to companies but to individuals too) and it happened to many others (just have a look to their facebook page, Cosimworld or in different pages of Boardgame Geek). Too many people to consider that "bad things happening" is what happens.

Karl,

I wish the problem was things taking longer than expected. As explained by Josh and is also my case and the case of many others the problems are not about things taking longer, it's about taking for ever (therefore never happening).

Josh,

You were lucky. You could even get your money back from PayPal. the problem for many of us is that from the moment you pay for a pre-order to the moment you realize you have been cheated, more time passed that the limit PayPal has for reporting wrongdoing and give your money back. (Yes, most of pre-orders do not involve actually paying the moment you pre-order but when the product is ready, but this is the exceptional case of Battle Magazine, maybe for a reason)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.