Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I picked this up at Target a while ago, knowing little about it. I'm getting ready to actually play it, and I'm considering using the hansom cab variant, since it seems to add a little strategy to a game that otherwise appears to be a he-who-rolls-highest affair.

How does everyone play this? The three cab tickets let you teleport anywhere, even back to 221B, correct? And the carriage space still works as well, giving you another way to jump around the board?

Finally, does anyone out there prefer the RAW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason RJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the original rules and I found the dice a frustration throughout and will certainly play the hansom cab variant if this makes it to the table again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanson cab all the way. There is nothing to be gained by adding dice rolling. Not even a little le twinge of excitement about what might be rolled. The game is a already filled with enough luck regarding where one chooses to search (the locations for crucial info are not always logical).

If your opponent gets handcuffed by the dice you'll just feel bad about your lucky victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.