Hide
8 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: MvM Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik M
msg tools
Hello all! This is my first post to the Geek, so sorry if I posted in the wrong section. Been lurking for quite some time now. I can't help but notice all the hype around MvM. I really enjoy co-op games and the price is amazing. My only question is that is it worth buying the game the day it comes out? I have heard it will sell out in minutes and I was wondering if we know when the next batch will be coming, should I wait for more reviews and analysis on the game, etc. I know Tom Vassel over at the dice tower has said this is one of his favorite games of all time. Is it worth buying before knowing more about the game? Thanks for all your input and I'm so happy to be apart of this great community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've read there were will be copies available October 13th (something like that), and then more will be available in December.

Unlike many games, there are multiple reviews and gameplay videos available pre-release for MvM. So, you can use those reviews and gameplay videos to assess for yourself whether it's a day one purchase. Or, you can wait until more people have played, there are more reviews, the game has an established ranking on BGG before deciding whether to buy it.

There's not going to be only one print run of the game. There's no downside in waiting if you're currently unsure of whether or not to buy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AdelÄ—
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest going to Mechs vs. Minions BGG page for more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
In future it might be a good idea to clarify which game you mean. In this instance you have written MvM and I didn't know which game you were referring to until Ade's post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got to bear in mind that when Tom Vasel says it's one of his favourite games, you're talking about a dude that may played ten or fifteen thousand different games, so his "top 1%" is probably getting on for 150 games deep. When Tom said that, what he meant was that it was probably going to make an appearance on his top 100 list (the latest version of which he's gradually putting out at the moment); I'll make a prediction, though, and say it's almost certainly not going to be in his top twenty, maybe not even the top 50 -- we'll have to see. (I'll also note that Tom can be ... ermm ... a bit ... fickle with regard to the latest minty hotness. Go and look up his top 100s from several years ago for a comparison. In fairness: the top 25 stays fairly solid, but the rest is usually up for grabs).

So: Calm down. It doesn't mean you have to sprint across traffic because of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Triboluminous wrote:
So: Calm down. It doesn't mean you have to sprint across traffic because of it.

More than Tom is showing love for the game. Jamie of the Secret Cabal I think needed a cigarette after his review.

Tom's Top 100 certainly this year is far more "this is what I have been playing and enjoying since last time" versus an actual Top 100. The initial 20 for this year has been underwhelming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Mechs vs. Minions : General.

welcomeblanknik

OP Contacted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik M
msg tools
Thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry, I was unsure where to post this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.