btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
.... is listed here. If you are working on your first game and there is no one around to teach you, it might take a bit longer than 2 hours. If you play 500-1000 point games, 2 hours is a fair estimate. If you want to play larger games, obviously it will take longer. Our gaming group regularly plays on a week night from 7-9pm. I don't want any new comers turned off by the geek list without a word from someone who actually plays the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The entry refers to the amount of time spent painting the miniatures, building terrain and putting together a decent table to play on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
..... I was referring to the part about ... "Forget the 6 hours it takes to set up, play and tear down again." At most it would take 2.5 hours to play a 1000 point game (including setup). I can't argue about the time spent painting, building and boardscaping.

I think it is silly to mention any miniatures games in a post like that for reasons of painting & terrain making. I think it is a given as soon as you mention the word 'miniatures'. I guess he could have started the post with every miniatures game in the database for those reasons.

... anyways, I just didn't want any new people to be turned away because of the quote listed above.

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He is just crying about miniature games in general.

here is a hint. if he doesnt have time for the hobby, then stay out. No need to rail on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.