Subject: Is it possible to make our own GeekBadges? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Is it possible to make our own GeekBadges?

I'm in the process of trying to organise a tournament cycle for Call of Cthulhu (one of my fav card games). I thought it would be cool to have participation badges as well as unique trophy badges for the winner and runner up.

Is that something which is possible on the geek? If so how would I go about adding these things to the geek?

Thanks in advance
--Tragic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
mb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
Is it possible to make our own GeekBadges?

I'm in the process of trying to organise a tournament cycle for Call of Cthulhu (one of my fav card games). I thought it would be cool to have participation badges as well as unique trophy badges for the winner and runner up.

Is that something which is possible on the geek? If so how would I go about adding these things to the geek?

Based on the question, I strongly suspect you mean microbadges (see Graphical User Representation). Yes, you can make these yourself (but beware, it's not as easy as it seems, and has a lot of things you should pay attention to). If you don't have the graphical skills, you can request them to be made by others.

"Awarded" microbadges are very hard, though. You need the buy-in from an admin who has promised to distribute them (quite a bit of work), so that Scott, the microbadge admin, will set your badge to non-buyable. Generally we recommend people not to try going that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And in case you really do mean "GeekBadges", see the BGG wiki page GeekBadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.