Subject: 3-6 is a no for me... too bad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao C L Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well has a player that mainly only plays 2p when I see 3-6 I can't back a game I'm not going to play!

Sorry the game looks awesome but no 2p

Best of lucks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that, man. I've tried it, and it just doesn't work as well without that third person to throw a wrench into things when the other two try to work together. The next one I've been working on should be able to support two players, though to be honest I haven't done much playtesting with that few yet.

Also, sorry about taking so long to post a reply to your comment, I must have missed it somehow when you first posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamAW wrote:
Sorry about that, man. I've tried it, and it just doesn't work as well without that third person to throw a wrench into things when the other two try to work together. The next one I've been working on should be able to support two players, though to be honest I haven't done much playtesting with that few yet.

Also, sorry about taking so long to post a reply to your comment, I must have missed it somehow when you first posted.

I'd like to thank you for NOT tacking on a 2 player variant that just doesn't work well. I know it's popular for designers to do that to boost sales, but in the end, I think it detracts from the game as a whole. There are plenty of 2 player games. Not every game should work for every group. Because they can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
epilepticemu wrote:
I'd like to thank you for NOT tacking on a 2 player variant that just doesn't work well. I know it's popular for designers to do that to boost sales, but in the end, I think it detracts from the game as a whole. There are plenty of 2 player games. Not every game should work for every group. Because they can't.

Very true. I think the best two-player games are the ones that have been built specifically for two players, personally. When I see something that was made for "2-4 players" or whatever, it usually plays better with 4 rather than 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.