GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tehran is needed to play Yalta.

Yalta prevents Stalin Betrayed.

FDR Dies prevents Yalta but allows Stalin Betrayed.

So what happens if Yalta is played first and then FDR Dies is played afterward. Can Stalin Betrayed be played or not? It only says it may not be played after Enemy at the Gates. It says nothing about Yalta.

Also if Tehran is played but not Yalta nor FDR Dies, can Stalin Betrayed be played? It has no note about FDR Dies being a prerequisite.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
Tehran is needed to play Yalta.

Yalta prevents Stalin Betrayed.

FDR Dies prevents Yalta but allows Stalin Betrayed.

So what happens if Yalta is played first and then FDR Dies is played afterward. Can Stalin Betrayed be played or not? It only says it may not be played after Enemy at the Gates. It says nothing about Yalta.

You've answered your question. The Yalta event prevents Stalin Betrayed.

airjudden wrote:

Also if Tehran is played but not Yalta nor FDR Dies, can Stalin Betrayed be played? It has no note about FDR Dies being a prerequisite.

Again, you've got the answer right in front of you. If the Axis player has played Enemy at the Gates then Stalin Betrayed may not be played by the Allied player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks. I was wanting to make sure FDR Dies text of "Allows play" didn't override the previous one that says it "Prevents play."

I played again last night. Axis won by the closest of margins: 1 VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
Cool. Thanks. I was wanting to make sure FDR Dies text of "Allows play" didn't override the previous one that says it "Prevents play."

I played again last night. Axis won by the closest of margins: 1 VP.

That is as close as it gets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Suffo
Spain
Cádiz
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...but what if I play Stalin Betrayed first than Yalta?

Stalin Betrayed don't prevent Yalta, then Yalta don't prevent Stalin Betrayed because it was played, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Suffo
Spain
Cádiz
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I confuse Yalta with Tehran

Change in my question Yalta by Tehran

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Salfuman wrote:
...but what if I play Stalin Betrayed first than Yalta?

Stalin Betrayed don't prevent Yalta, then Yalta don't prevent Stalin Betrayed because it was played, right?

Salfuman wrote:
Sorry, I confuse Yalta with Tehran

Change in my question Yalta by Tehran

If the game has reached 1945 and the Allied player has not played either Tehran or Yalta yet possesses the Stalin Betrayed card they have two choices. Either hold the Stalin Betrayed card in the hopes of playing the other events, or play the Stalin Betrayed card but not play the other two events.

You cannot play either Tehran or Yala if you've betrayed Stalin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if I was Stalin and you did that to me, I wouldn't be wasting my gas money on a trip to either place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Suffo
Spain
Cádiz
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what is the meaning of "FDR Dies"? If it doesn't override the "prevent play" in "Tehran", what is its utility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.