Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Staber
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I just wanted to keep track of the questions, that have not been answered so far. Please correct me, if I am wrong and answers in fact have already been provided (in which case I would totally accept answers like "dude, learn how to to use the search function properly.")

1. Unique item "Duke": Is it a free action? Are evade tests required?

2. Does fire spread through secret passages?

3. When instructed to flip over multiple damage/horror: do I flip them over one at a time and follow the instructions - randomising the pool after each single card - or do I pick them all at once?

4. Is there a difference between "darkness" and "darkness token" when the effect interacts with a light source?

Thanks guys,

Matthias
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Dunno
2. Yes, as it's just a "door" (search for this)
3. Yes, flip them and resolve one at a time (if you turn one facedown, randomize) (search for this too )
4. Not that I know (could be wrong) (also a thread here on this)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree slightly with Simon.

And I won't tell you to look for other threads as you clearly already have done that, highlighting many of the debates we've had here that didn't reach a conclusion.

1: This one is going to need developers' intent to solve it and we haven't heard the answer yet.

2: Yes, we now agree the rules are clear on this one. The Secret Passage works very similarly to a long-range door, as stated.

3: Either method works with the rules and we do not have anything approaching a consensus. No official word either, as far as I can tell.

4: Probably not. The 1st Ed. argument is convincing and nobody has given concrete examples of a difference from the app itself. You should err on them being the same until we hear otherwise, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Staber
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the answers!

Forgot one: are the "spruce grove" and "roof top" really supposed to be indoor tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthias Staber wrote:
Forgot one: are the "spruce grove" and "roof top" really supposed to be indoor tiles?

I'm not 100% sure they got that list fully right. It's probably safe to use the RRG description and theorise whether they would have a covering roof or not. As long as you're consistent, you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthias Staber wrote:
Thanks for the answers!

From the FFG forums:

"I actually just picked up the Suppressed Memories tile pack, and the tiles are all reprinted to match 2E standards, meaning there are no "line of sight" dots and the tile labels have the newer borders. Going through them, both Rooftop and Spruce Grove have the blueish "Outdoor" borders, so I believe that the conversion kit instructions are a misprint."

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226906-spruce...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple about insanity:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Does an investigator with Crisis of Conscience (or any insanity other than For the Greater Good) win after being eliminated?

Does Crisis of Conscience require the app to say "The investigation is not complete," or does some other effect causing the investigators to lose work?

(I emailed FFG about them last week, but either the response got lost in my spam folder or they haven't responded yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:

From everything me and my playgroup have heard, the answer is Yes. Using Duke is a free "beginning of turn" action that doesn't count as one of your 2 Actions. There are a few things that point to this: (1) the fact that it asks you to do this at the beginning of your turn (i.e. before you take your actions) and (2) If it counted as one of your actions, the rest of the game indicates that the card would say "Action:" followed by the text.

I don't think there is an official word yet, but all signs point to a free action. As far as the evade test goes, I would say yes, you would need to make one, since even though it doesn't count as one of your 2 actions, you are still performing the Trade Action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an official answer on my insanity questions:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Kara Centell-Dunk wrote:

2. An investigator with Crisis of Conscience wins if, at the end of the game, the investigation is not completed. Yes, if another investigator is eliminated or another Insane condition ends the investigation and the investigation is not complete, the investigator with Crisis of Conscience would win.
3. An investigator with Crisis of Conscience cannot win after being eliminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arinmir Belegar
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
The Duke's free action is confirmed too. You can trade duke itself too (confirmed). The not Evading check is not confirmed yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grif Grif
msg tools
Matthias Staber wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to keep track of the questions, that have not been answered so far. Please correct me, if I am wrong and answers in fact have already been provided (in which case I would totally accept answers like "dude, learn how to to use the search function properly.")

2. Does fire spread through secret passages?

3. When instructed to flip over multiple damage/horror: do I flip them over one at a time and follow the instructions - randomising the pool after each single card - or do I pick them all at once?

4. Is there a difference between "darkness" and "darkness token" when the effect interacts with a light source?

Thanks guys,

Matthias

For question 3:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1685274/correct-way-han...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.