Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to make the playing pieces to abstract game Djambi. I've found some 29mm x 15mm black discs that I want to sticker with an image. I've got some jpg images I'd like to use. The problem is, they are for square tiles.

http://jeuxsoc.fr/d/djamb_adel_pions_g.jpg

Basically I need help turning these square counters into 25mm circles for the discs I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb

Like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
Like this?

I love the BGG community so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you intend to use sheets of adhesive stickers you'd be better off leaving the tiles in the document square and centering them individually to match the grid on your adhesive sheet. When you peel the sticker off it will be round, the excess portion of the square tile that remains on the sticker sheet is your "bleed", protection against the poor positioning accuracy in consumer grade printers that could be as bad as +/- 2mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you intend to cut them by hand, I suggest you keep them square too, in order to have some bleeding and you print a bunch of circles on the back side of your sheet to guide your cut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
h3rne wrote:
Phil of Mars wrote:
Like this?

I love the BGG community so much!

BGG is for making friends, not money!

My first thought too was it'd be better to leave them square for bleed, but I think I'd rather they be a little smaller than the disc so they don't get "edge peel" But it's going to be a matter of experimentation with printer settings to see how much shrink he wants. So I did it this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.