$60.00
$20.00
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
I was wondering, since Exodus doesn't have CACs, do you still use its crisis cards, even though it dilutes the crisis deck concering cylon attack cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
With Daybreak?

If you don't use CFB, then you don't use the CAG title (or the MKVII vipers), so you won't add any of the CAG Chooses crisis cards.

Daybreak treachery has other ways to add cylon ships than CAC's, so I don't think the few other crisis cards dilute them too much.

Try it enough times and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I removed all the Exodus crises personally. You STILL get droughts with no CACs but at least it's less likely, and all of our recent games have been close (human wins with multiple resources at 1, cylon wins at 8 distance, that sort of thing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We still play with Exodus Crisis cards. For one, it's far too much work to remove them, given some groups did want to play with them, and others don't. I know some folks who try to balance out the # of CAC to non-CAC, jumps with no jumps, resource losses, briggings, Sickbay-ing, title interactions... all that work for a game whose balance will go out of whack when die rolls, card draws, and the human element get taken into account.

At the very least, try it once. Many of us here have written walls of text (including yours truly ) about what we think works and what doesn't. For the most part, nobody is dead right nor wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fix I use is this: If a card with a "CAG chooses" is played the players reveal cards from the top of the crisis deck until an attack is revealed. Use that card as crisis card instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
The fix I use is this: If a card with a "CAG chooses" is played the players reveal cards from the top of the crisis deck until an attack is revealed. Use that card as crisis card instead.
Not bad. Some folks do miss potentially new Exodus CAC (although there are some fan proposed CAC for use with CAC), but at least this goes towards balancing out the ratios for those who really needed to have the base game ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.