Agricola (revised edition)» Forums » General

Subject: How is the danish version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Christiansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone played the new danish version of the game?

If so, is it a decent translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casualist
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glenwn wrote:
Has anyone played the new danish version of the game?

If so, is it a decent translation?

From only a couple of 2-player games and with limited experience previously - apart from the iOS version: I'd say, the Danish translation is decent enough ! Definitely playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, playable, but there are mistakes to be found. Two of the action fields have same names on the board (which is a mistake when you compare it with English version with different names) but the cards refer to them with different names!
And five cards have a wrong translation on them. Yes, you can still play, but what is it you are playing? A slightly different game, a Danish version!
But the print quality is better than English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casualist
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NicholasK wrote:
Yes, playable, but there are mistakes to be found. Two of the action fields have same names on the board (which is a mistake when you compare it with English version with different names) but the cards refer to them with different names!
And five cards have a wrong translation on them.

I havenn't noticed those errors. Do you mean the added clay pit?

Please share your findings here or point to your source, thanks.

I find the translation clumsy at certain places, but overall I welcome the effort to localise great games into Danish, when they are actually language dependent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, 2 x clay pit which is referred to different names both in Danish rules translation, on the cards and also in English version, but has the same name on the board.
There are also 5 cards which have different meanings in English and Danish (few miss a word or two, and others more obvious. You need to compare them to the English version to find the differences or clarification. I can't find my comparison, but if you have time, here is a picture of those cards, and a picture of the clay pit. I have reported it to the company responsible for distribution in Denmark and they told me that they will fix them if they decide to reprint again.

However as I said before, quality of the print is much better than English version. Colors are bright and there isn't any "ghost" like the English version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.