$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » News

Subject: Star Trek Ascendancy - release date in UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Just a quick heads up.

This morning I received an e-mail from my OLGS about the arrival of Star Trek Ascendancy and the first two expansions, Cardassian Union and Ferengi Alliance.

Apparently, the OLGS has been informed by the distributors that there has been a delay in transit. Accordingly, I have been given these (expected) release dates:

Star Trek Ascendancy (base game): mid-October
Cardassian Union: mid-November
Farengi Alliance: mid-December

I am presuming this will hold true for other stores in the UK.

Shucks! I was so looking forward to this weekend! cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gazbowski wrote:


Dito:(
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
Which OLGS did you go with? I just preordered mine with wayland, it's still showing the same release date. But no, not getting my hopes up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to pay FLGS prices (i.e. not online heavily discounted ones) Chimera Nottingham has copies in store now for purchase. They'll even ship it out to you.

Since Gale Force Nine is local to them they were able to secure a bunch of copies for a demo day we had on 17th! We even got to play with the acrylic cardassian expansion!

I've played my copy 3 times now since then and enjoyed it immensely each time, though have yet to secure a win!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveSumm wrote:
Which OLGS did you go with? I just preordered mine with wayland, it's still showing the same release date. But no, not getting my hopes up.


I pre-ordered the base game with Wayland also. I pre-ordered the two expansions with BoardGameExtras as they were a much more sensible price (I buy a lot of stuff from them and their service and delivery is great). The latter sent out a general e-mail to all customers who had pre-ordered any of the three items. (I am presuming that if distribution problems affect delivery to BoardGameExtras then they will to Wayland also - but note that is my assumption).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
Leighbob wrote:
If you're willing to pay FLGS prices (i.e. not online heavily discounted ones) Chimera Nottingham has copies in store now for purchase. They'll even ship it out to you.

Since Gale Force Nine is local to them they were able to secure a bunch of copies for a demo day we had on 17th! We even got to play with the acrylic cardassian expansion!

I've played my copy 3 times now since then and enjoyed it immensely each time, though have yet to secure a win!


xxxxxx

Apparently I should receive it tomorrow.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good tip, thanks
I just ordered a copy also.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
They've gone from 7 to 3 since you posted, get in quick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
So how much will they actually be once they're in unlimited circulation?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stuuk wrote:
So how much will they actually be once they're in unlimited circulation?


Chimera charge RRP but I'm not sure about these ones as they came direct from GF9...I assume the distributors don't have them yet.

There's a bunch of stuff in the box (90+ ship minis for a start) so I can't imagine them being cheap.

The RRP on Imperial Assault is £93, Fleet Captains is £80 and Star Trek Frontiers is £74.

In the Staes the RRP of Imperial Assault and Ascendancy are both $100 so I'd expect Ascendancy to RRP in the UK between £80 & £90!

It'll be interesting to see for sure.

Wayland games seems to think the RRP is £65 but I'd be very surprised if that were the case based on the above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
I received mine from Chimera today, it has no dice in it at all. Gonna contact them tomorrow. It does have the TOS exploration cards though, if anyone's interested.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaveSumm wrote:
I received mine from Chimera today, it has no dice in it at all. Gonna contact them tomorrow. It does have the TOS exploration cards though, if anyone's interested.

That's a copy from one of the cons. There weren't any dice include in the box; they were handed out separately. You'll probably need to contact GF9 directly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
DaveSumm wrote:
I received mine from Chimera today, it has no dice in it at all. Gonna contact them tomorrow. It does have the TOS exploration cards though, if anyone's interested.

That's a copy from one of the cons. There weren't any dice include in the box; they were handed out separately. You'll probably need to contact GF9 directly.


That's odd! My copy from Chimera had dice in it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe both types have been mixed to meet the demand of retail, but i do think it will be a rare occurence
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
Just had an apology email from Chimera, they asked GF9 to send the dice directly to me so all's good now. In the meanwhile, I actually bought 12 each of blue/white dots, red/black dots, grey/black dots dice and am secretly happy about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuck with my deal from the Wayland Games pre-order.

I am waiting, I am waiting ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveSumm wrote:
Just had an apology email from Chimera, they asked GF9 to send the dice directly to me so all's good now. In the meanwhile, I actually bought 12 each of blue/white dots, red/black dots, grey/black dots dice and am secretly happy about it.


I ended up buying 36 each of blue, red, green, orange and brown gem dice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not take up the opportunity to grab a copy from Chimera Games and instead stood by my pre-order from Wayland Games. I contacted them and asked if they could give me a date for its release. They couldn't, but stated I shoiuld check their website page for a release date and that they would update it when they had further information.

Today I checked it and saw the countdown clock saying 86 days ... ????

Surely not???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
...and still, Chimera has two in stock....

The money was taken and I did get a refund, by the way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was let down by Wayland some time ago on a hard to get item they claimed to have in stock. I then waited for delivery which never arrived and wasn't able to get one anywhere else.
Won't ever order with them again.
Good luck!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Mackie
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
Just seen Wayland's countdown, 83 days seems a bit harsh, hopefully I won't have to wait that long. Least it would arrive with my cardassian and ferengi preorder lol

Just wondering, if I have to wait that long, will those copies be from the first run, with the special edition cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping that they have entered the incorrect countdown date on the base game's page.

Does anyone know what is the reason for the delay?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do the math, that countdown is for the end of the year. Without a specific date, they just went with "sometime this year." In other words, it's a placeholder date. It's not real, don't panic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think the container is still docking/at customs
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.