4 Posts

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can A BRP Base Be Reduced Below Zero? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Askew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So, the situation is this, it's 1942 and following some unorthodox play , the British BRP base is currently a measly 45. My mighty U boats are poised to unleash even more damage in the '43 YSS. Is it possible to reduce a BRP base below zero? The British, you see, are getting 20 BRPs from a Free French Lebanon/ Syria and North Africa.I want to cause maximum long term damage, and the Americans will have BRPs left over at the end of 1942 to absorb SW damage. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IIRC yes, it is. The "excess damage" carries though, not only reducing the BRP total for next year but permanently reducing the BRP base for subsequent years as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think [10.32] and the example that follows it cover this situation explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Askew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ah yes, thanks for that. I read this rule (of course) at the time, but got completely the wrong end of the stick. I suppose it helps to not be boss eyed through tiredness!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.