Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe most of you already know about this film, but I didn't before last week, so I thought maybe it's worth a post here.

I think everyone of us that like such a game as Leaving Earth already know about "The Right Stuff", but what about David Sington's documentary "In the Shadow of the Moon" ? This 2007 film about the Apollo's landings on the moon is made from footage of the diverse Apollo missions, and interviews of several astronauts of the Apollo program.

... and I smiled when I heard them speak about the Saturn rocket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also be sure to check out HBO's 1998 miniseries From the Earth to the Moon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
October Sky (Rocket Boys)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For All Mankind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Man on the Moon (streaming on Netflix as of this post) is also very good--quite a different take on Apollo based on the current U.S. space program.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Maynard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Shadow of the Moon is really good. Knowing I am a space cookie my sister paid for me and my family to go see it when it came through theatres years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the rest of the family (not space freaks) did too commenting that it gave them a new appreciation of the topic.

I also quite enjoyed From the Earth to the Moon. I think my favourite episode was the one about the company designing the Lunar Module. Actually one of the best comments on good management I've ever seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just added "In the Shadow of the Moon" to my Netflix playlist. Thx!

Now can someone please add another two hours to my day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O' Ibb
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
Last Man on the Moon (streaming on Netflix as of this post) is also very good--quite a different take on Apollo based on the current U.S. space program.

I watched this on my recent long haul flight. Really enjoyed it, follows Gene Cernan one of the last men to walk on the moon but who also flew on the Apollo 10 mission testing the last unknowns before the actual moon landing.

It's very well done and Gene gives some great detail of living life as and with astronauts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Cosmodrome" (also streaming on Netflix right now) is pretty good, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.