Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean S
United States
Hugo
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hosts Sean, Ian, and Nick discuss the latest articles, developments in the community, and the newest spoiled cards in Episode 3!

https://mythosbusterspodcast.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/mythos...

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

Find us on iTunes and connect to our RSS!

Email us at mythosbusterspod@gmail.com!

Special thanks to André Fairweather for the intro voice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know that about Zoey BTW. I've played with her before in the AH board game and she was a very good monster fighter from what I remember.

I did recognize the connection between Jim Culver and the Chaosium RPG scenario Dead Man's Stomp. I wonder how many connections there will be between this game and the Chaosium RPG. AH was originally a Chaosium board game. I often forget that. So it's based off the Call Of Cthulhu RPG setting rather than directly from the source material. That's pretty cool actually because it means it's possible we might get some of the iconic campaigns from the RPG like Horror On The Orient Express or Beyond The Mountains Of Madness. I'd love it if we got a campaign based off of Tatters Of The King or even better Masks of Nyarlathotep. Masks is an amazing adventure.

Though I'm most hoping we'll get a campaign that allows us to travel down the seven hundred steps, through the Gates of Deeper Slumber, and into the realm of dreams. I want to encounter things like the cats of ulthar and zoogs. Perhaps siding with one race versus the other. Maybe culminating with a flight up to unknown Kadath and possibly the Sunset City at the end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stray cat is so obviously a cat of Ulthar, and no one can tell me otherwise. Everyone keeps saying how you're throwing the cat so you can escape, but honestly that cat is hyper-intelligent and is leading the enemy away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is my head cannon now. Don't F with the Cats of Ulthar. I assume the cat is most likely leading that enemy to more cats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you guys discuss the storage solution in Tentacle-Time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean S
United States
Hugo
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cosined wrote:

We did not. Turns out we're bad at remembering things. However, it would have been all speculative anyway, as both Ian and I had just ordered them, and they'd yet to arrive. Next episode we'll be able to actually be able to talk about it from first hand use!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what was the product! More waiting!? Its not fair!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean S
United States
Hugo
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtaruSlash wrote:
cosined wrote:

We did not. Turns out we're bad at remembering things. However, it would have been all speculative anyway, as both Ian and I had just ordered them, and they'd yet to arrive. Next episode we'll be able to actually be able to talk about it from first hand use!

Haha, not trying to keep it a secret! I got this one for the Hobby Lobby artist supply case. Love it so far: http://go7gaming.com/product/asb-004-insert/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, I have the broken token equivalent of this insert for dominion and its great. If the box turns out to be the standard eldrich-horror/netrunner size, there are options for that in original box as well, which I'm using for Netrunner and Ashes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG have moved to smaller boxes now, a Netrunner insert would be too big. You need a smaller size insert. like this http://www.thebrokentoken.com/compact-card-game-organizer/ , BT only because I didn't immediately see the equivalent on Go7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtaruSlash wrote:
Haha, not trying to keep it a secret! I got this one for the Hobby Lobby artist supply case. Love it so far: http://go7gaming.com/product/asb-004-insert/

Perfect. I have the Vertical organizer from BT and a Hobby Lobby case already! I've been using it for Pathfinder, but an entire set only takes up about half the case, so its overkill.

I was a bit dismayed by the quality of the HL case, the laminate faces were pulling away from the side walls in a couple of places. I could send a trim nail through, but I shouldn't have to. The BT organizer is decent: parts popped out of the sheets, no problem. I did end up shimming the organizer into the case because it wasn't a snug fit (and the corners would separate of the dividers would pop out), but that wasn't difficult to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two Netrunner inserts from Broken Token for my LOTR encounter cards. My player cards are in a binder. Though those two boxes are now almost full of encounter cards (and I don't even have all the nightmare decks) so I'll need a better solution. Plus those boxes are pretty beat up from over use.

I'm still not sure how I want to handle storage for this game. I'm not sure I want to repeat my LOTR scheme. So to me that would be a very interest discussion if storage is going to come up on a future ep of the podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.