Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here: can the defender move his creatures and fill the attacker's four entry spaces, so that the attacker cannot enter at all (or with only his flying units)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
The defender must enter the battlefield opposite the attackers side. There isn't anyway for the defender to move fast enough to block the attackers entry.

However, the attacker can block the entry of the defender reinforcements on turn 4.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the clarifications above and below this post, sorry for wasting everyone's time on this. I'd been under the impression that the defender started on the "named/numbered" edge; for some reason I mangled up the orientation text in 10.1 with the defender entry in 10.2 and it came out gibberish. Mea culpa. blush

Really appreciate all the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Waddington wrote:
Thanks, sorry for wasting your time on this. I'd been under the impression that the defender started on the "named/numbered" edge. I have no idea why, I just was. blush

Really appreciate the help!

See 10.1 in the rules.

You work out the attackers entry side (4 hexes wide) based on the direction the attacker was moving on the master board (sometimes you have a choice if you could have hit the stack from more than one direction) and the defender sets up from the entry side opposite. Exception is a tower (see 10.2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
bucklen_uk wrote:
Exception is a tower (see 10.2)

...and...

Titan Teleport

• Player must have a score of 400+
• Legion must contain your Titan
• Movement roll must = 6

Legion may move to any land containing an enemy legion. A battle will ensue. Attacker chooses which battleboard side the legion enters (Defender enters the opposite side).

Only one of a player’s legions may teleport in a given turn (either kind of teleport: Titan Teleport and/or Tower Teleport).

A Titan Teleport may enter a land from a side which cannot be entered via normal masterboard movement. Example: the Titan stack may enter Jungle 135 from the outer A1-B1-C1-D1 edge (ie, the edge which leads off of the board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, even in the case of Titan Teleport, you still enter from a side with 4 hexes. It can be a side with 4 hexes that can't normally be arrived at via masterboard movement, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
waddball wrote:
Forgive me, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here: can the defender move his creatures and fill the attacker's four entry spaces, so that the attacker cannot enter at all (or with only his flying units)?

While you can't stop them from entering any units, you may be able to stop them from entering some units. For example swamp provides fairly restrictive terrain and it is possible to leave less than seven hexes reachable by nonnative nonflyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.