Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sasha Dare
Australia
Eaglemont
VIC
flag msg tools
Hi peeps!
I just had my first play of this new game. I was super excited to play it as we loved the original. I was somewhat dissapointed to find a few misprints right off the bat. Makes me wonder how many more I will find on future play-throughs...
I also had a few rules that I thought needed clarification.
Please take a look!
Thank you!

Misprints:
- crisis card "Coordinated Attack" - should have a Bandit Module icon at the bottom right corner as the fail condition is to spawn bandits.
- Xroads card "Out of the Blue" - should have a Raxxon Module icon as Blue wouldn't be in the game otherwise.
- Xroads card "I'll Show Them I Can Help!" - should have a Non Co-Op icon as there is no betrayer element in the co-op game variant.
- mission card "Clear out the Colony" - "fo" instead of "for" under the Victory condition header (same mistake on both sides of the card. While this doesn't affect gameplay, I felt it deserved a mention as I was suprised by how many mistakes we found after just one play-through).

Not the mention the Grocery and Library location card misprints:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1636727/misprint-grocery-st...

NB: There are also 6 other crisis cards that would have you place a bandit at location 7 (Raxxon) but do not have a Raxxon icon. Perhaps the icon could be excluded if the rules for bandit placement clarified what would happen when you drew these cards without Raxxon in play (I'm assumming that you would roll 1 random dice to replace the location 7 bandit, much as you would when using the Xroads cards from the original game?)

Rule clarifications (apologies if these have already been answered):
- Alfonso Ortega, gunsmith ability - which searching the deck for a weapon card, do you look at one card at a time starting with the topmost card and working through the remaing deck and then keep the first weapon that you find, OR, do you look at the entire deck and CHOOSE a weapon to keep?

- Improvements module - do the 4 improvement cards layed out face up in the row get refreshed once an improvement been made. Or are there only 4 available for the entire game?

- Barricade / explosive trap - which is destroyed first?

- "Canning with Candice" book - reduces the food needed during the colony phase by 1. Can this be reduced to 0? Or no less than 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really surprised by the amount of mistakes, typos and misprints as well.

Plaid Hat has been known for really high quality playtesting, so I wonder what happened here? How is it possible that I can spot mistakes just by looking through cards after opening the box for the first time? Did NO ONE proof read?

ZMan buying Plaid Hat made them rush an unfinished game?

One way or another, it's among the worst 'first prints' I've seen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
Two Cents:

Foss83 wrote:
NB: There are also 6 other crisis cards that would have you place a bandit at location 7 (Raxxon) but do not have a Raxxon icon. Perhaps the icon could be excluded if the rules for bandit placement clarified what would happen when you drew these cards without Raxxon in play (I'm assumming that you would roll 1 random dice to replace the location 7 bandit, much as you would when using the Xroads cards from the original game?)

Yes, I would agree with you here -- I'd roll a random die. Side note: I still wonder if the number of bandits placed each round shouldn't scale in some way for different player counts?

Foss83 wrote:
Alfonso Ortega, gunsmith ability - which searching the deck for a weapon card, do you look at one card at a time starting with the topmost card and working through the remaing deck and then keep the first weapon that you find, OR, do you look at the entire deck and CHOOSE a weapon to keep?

Good question... As the option of looking through an entire deck just sounds a bit too good to be true for me, I'd have to probably opt for the drawing cards interpretation, but who knows? Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I've seen an official answer for any of the questions about rulings on this game yet -- Am I wrong?

Foss83 wrote:
Improvements module - do the 4 improvement cards layed out face up in the row get refreshed once an improvement been made. Or are there only 4 available for the entire game?

Closest thing to official I've heard: Play testers have stated that the rule was always to replace the built improvement with a new one, so that there were always four available. Also, I believe it was the Watch It Played video, in which improvements were also played this way, and from what I've gathered, Plaid Hat works closely with them?

Foss83 wrote:
Barricade / explosive trap - which is destroyed first?

I have no idea, but I'd assume this would be up to the players. Or, if you're like me, then maybe you place zombies/barricades in order, i.e. in the first available spot going left to right, in which case, I'd trigger them in that order. Thematically speaking, though, it would probably be something done randomly, since there is no telling where a zombie may wander, so a possible roll of a die may be more to one's liking, as well. The world may never know officially, haha...

Foss83 wrote:
"Canning with Candice" book - reduces the food needed during the colony phase by 1. Can this be reduced to 0? Or no less than 1?

Well, although it may or may not be quite as thematic, depending on how you're viewing things in the game, I'd assume that this can reduce the food needed to 0 -- One food is probably representative of more than a single box of cereal or can of beans, haha... Especially when it's been said that each round is roughly a week, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasha Dare
Australia
Eaglemont
VIC
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply.

You are right, the WatchItPlayed video states that you refresh the improvements as they are built!

It also clarified that the first player (not the active player) decides whether the barricade or explosive trap is triggered. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Foss83 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

You are right, the WatchItPlayed video states that you refresh the improvements as they are built!

It also clarified that the first player (not the active player) decides whether the barricade or explosive trap is triggered. =)

Well that's a shock as rulebook makes no mention of it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavieca Pro
msg tools
I just wanted to continue the list of misprints started by OP

-Screamer Encounter card mentions 1-3 and 3-6 as the options.
-White pill negative effect has the word "equipp"
-This one has mentionned several times, Xroads "Fatima Rhodes"
-Blue pill item card: has the word "contorl"
-Blue the chimp survivor card: "addtional"
-Bandit location cardboard: "do not count an item deck"

Some typos I noticed in the RuleBook
-p2, 2 times I see "Raxxon experiement"
-p4 "explosie tokens"
-p4, "unruly survior"
-p17, "without thom"
-p18, "when more than 1 zombies"
-p18, "effectst"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bavieca wrote:
I just wanted to continue the list of misprints started by OP

-Screamer Encounter card mentions 1-3 and 3-6 as the options.
-White pill negative effect has the word "equipp"
-This one has mentionned several times, Xroads "Fatima Rhodes"
-Blue pill item card: has the word "contorl"
-Blue the chimp survivor card: "addtional"
-Bandit location cardboard: "do not count an item deck"

Some typos I noticed in the RuleBook
-p2, 2 times I see "Raxxon experiement"
-p4 "explosie tokens"
-p4, "unruly survior"
-p17, "without thom"
-p18, "when more than 1 zombies"
-p18, "effectst"

It's even stranger since even most basic spell check could catch most of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not recall which card it was, but one crossroads card has "their" and "thier", when in fact both instances should be "there".

Of all things in a board game, type-os grind my gears the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasha Dare
Australia
Eaglemont
VIC
flag msg tools
Also, seems like Jamie Gilmour should be a 'non co-op only' survivor....
If not, she sucks (in co-op).

If so, then they missed another icon at the bottom right.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.