Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this game used here on the geek. A few in my gaming group had seen it here but nobody owned it. They all got excited when I said I had ordered it. I enjoy the off the beaten path themes so I figured this would be right up my alley.

THIS GAME IS A WORK OF FICTION AND IS A HUMOROUS GAME. ANYONE WHO RELATES THIS TO REAL LIFE EVENTS OR PEOPLE NEEDS TO SIT DOWN AND TAKE A BREAK.

Components:

Well it is pretty basic a box 100 cards and a rules page.

The box is rather humorous. It is a pack of smokes and has a surgeon general warning on the side. I got a real kick out of the novelty of the package but that wore off once I noticed the the package will require a rubber band around it to stay closed. I am NOT a rubber band person. ALL of my card games have custom artworked tuckboxes. It is a shame that I need to make one for this game as the box is rather cool in appearance.

The cards are of normal cardstock and are rather light. The artwork is hilarious. The colors are bright and the art is top notch for a comedic game like this. The print on the bottoms of the cards (the special abilities of the cards) is VERY small and even a person with 20/10 vision like myself has problems reading the ones on the darker cards if your not in perfect lighting.

The rules are written in ghettospeak. They are pretty clear cut and they are in black and white. Not much else to say here as they are rather plain and fold up small and fit in the box.

The game requires 1 6 sided die which does not come with the game and there is no room to store it. A game should be playable out of the box with nothing extra needed. This game is not

I give the components a 5 out of 10. I am deducting a point for the fact that the box will not stay closed after it is used a couple of times, 1 point for the cheap cardstock and 1 point for the bad font and color of the ink on the cards. I am deducting 2 points for the game not being playable out of the box. You need a D6 and they do not provide it. With a MSRP of $14.99 I should be able to open the box and play.

Gameplay:

Setup:
You select a "Card Bit*h" and he shuffles the cards and splits them into 3 piles. Pimps / Ho's / Draw stacks. He then lays out 5 ladies of the night and 5 pimps (face up) to each player. Then he deals out 5 draw cards (face down) to each player and the game begins.

The 1st phase is called the Macking phase. Here each person picks which Ho they want to put in their harem by placing a pimp from in front of them on the ho. You can only play from your 5 available pimps (called your Posse) and once a pimp is played he can't be played again this round. You can also play pimps from your hand into your Posse up to a maximum of 7 pimps. If you go over 7 you must immediately discard down to 7. If 2 different player go for the same Ho then they will have a macking contest with each other and the winner of the macking gets the Ho. The loser goes back to the posse (unless he has the stretch limo)

The winning pimp has to defend the ho in the next phase.

On to the next phase (where the game gets it's name) the Backhanding phase. Here the pimps that were not used in the Macking phase try to beatdown the hoes that they lost in the macking phase so that the pimps can't earn any money off of them.

The Beatdown phase it basically the same is the macking phase but you are attempting to beat down the hoes that are being protected by the pimps. If you succeed in the beat down the ho is worthless for the next phase and the pimp gets set off to the side until he can be revived via a few special cards. This goes for either pimp the attacker or defender. You use the Beatdown rating during this phase and can play modifiers as well.

The next phase is the Money Laundering Phase. here the hoes that survived the beatdown phase will turn tricks and earn cash for the pimps. You then begin a new round. The game is played for 3 rounds and the person that earned the most money at the end of the rounds wins.

The dice add a bit of randomness but in all don't mar the game. The gameplay is pretty basic and can be taught in around 5 minutes. I think it will take longer to read this review then to learn the game. The gameplay is very light and the action is fast and fun. There is alot of take that in this game (That is what the entire game is about really)

I give the gameplay a 8 out of 10. I can't find may faults in the game myself but again the game should be playable out of the box and this is not. Therefore I am deducting 2 points for this. The rules have most things addressed and even has a couple of paragraphs in the back on timing of cards when played so alleviate any questions that may arise. White Wolf Publishing is rather good at rules.

Conclusion:

I found the subject matter to be down right hysterical. I love a good take that game and this one is great for it. It is playable with 2 - 4 players rather well.

If you are easily offended by themes of GAMES then this game is NOT for you. If you can sit back and laugh at things that are presented in a funny manner then give this a try the game play is pretty solid just don't pay retail for it.

I am giving this game 7 out of 10. it is a good game that I will play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Collins
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good review and nice disclaimer. For a light game ,I like the mechanics to this one. I only wish I didn't have to buy this game in the backalleys likea bag of crack. All of my flgs can't carry the game in stock and it has to be specially ordered.

But they can all carry puerto Rico, a game that is clearly about slave management.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontadow wrote:
Good review and nice disclaimer. For a light game ,I like the mechanics to this one. I only wish I didn't have to buy this game in the backalleys likea bag of crack. All of my flgs can't carry the game in stock and it has to be specially ordered.

But they can all carry puerto Rico, a game that is clearly about slave management.

What back alleys? You can get this game from Amazon, like I just did! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any 'nappy-headed hos' in the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwirk wrote:
any 'nappy-headed hos' in the deck?

Nice!!! laugh laugh laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Vilanova
Mexico
Querétaro
Qro.
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Chris!

I just recently got hold of this game and I agree with your review.

Still, I had a problem which the card text and rules couldn´t clarify 100%: the "harem guard" card; when played do the backhanding pimps join forces in one contest or do the "harem guard" pimp plays out all the backhanding contests one by one?

Hope you can help me with this!

Thanks in advance!

R.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Cameron

Unspecified
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Harem Guard is played at the start of the backhanding phase (see card text) and as only one backhander can be declared against any Pimp/Ho set, there will only be one backhand attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.