Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the purpose of the 10 large plastic diamonds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

Quote:
Diamond provinces
[...]A defeat of a Major ‘6’ Insurgent in a diamond province [marked with a diamond: Katanga, Maniema, Kasai-Oriental or Kasai-Occidental] will result not only in a medal (or medals) being awarded, but also any player with a Peacekeeper in the province will receive a diamond. The diamond can either;
1. Be sold for $500 during a player’s turn
or
2. Be retained for extra medals at game end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I read that rule and that is what the 20 small diamonds are for included in the game. These large diamonds number 10 and were taped to the outside of the box. Given the number of them they are clearly not replacements for the originals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
DocStryder wrote:
Thanks, I read that rule and that is what the 20 small diamonds are for included in the game. These large diamonds number 10 and were taped to the outside of the box. Given the number of them they are clearly not replacements for the originals.

I bought a copy from them at the UKGames Expo and they said the Large diamonds were there to replace the ones in the box as they were so small. Maybe you only need ten to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, ok thanks. Yeah maybe people complained the originals were too small and they figured 20 was too many for most games anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.