Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Friesen
Canada
Hepburn
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the base game and it looks like this expansion is almost a must have. Does anyone know if they are still printing it? Their website shows it as sold out and the prices are ridiculous for available copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-Man has been notorious lately for NOT reprinting expansions. What happened with this one was the main reason I snapped up the Merchants & Marauders expansion while it was still available. I don't foresee it getting reprinted any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1432647/any-word-reprin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mike, Clash of Cultures is one of the best games I've ever played. I own the expansion and have played it once; it does improve the game. But I've played the base game between 20-30 times (most of those were within the first year of owning it, but then it got too hard to get a game going as life happened).

Forget about the expansion, don't drive yourself nuts over it. The base game is incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, no. There is no reprint planned. To my knowledge the base game got a fist and second printing, so a little easier to find, but the expansion only got one small print run. The reanimated corpse that is the current Zman games has answered on multiple occaisions that no reprint is planned. Given tbe production problems it probably won't ever get one unless a more competant company were to acquire the game rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is plenty to play just in the base game! The expansion is icing on the cake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Send an email (or tweet) to Z-Man expressing interest. I have, and maybe if they see a large demand, they will reprint... hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I msgd z man's rep. She said she can't do much but still will let the top bosses know about the demand for the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understandably, a reprint seems too risky to them, but that is what kickstarter is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of those lucky few who own the expansion. But if they managed to put up a kickstarter with the game plus expansion PLUS a fifth player, I would be all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
I am one of those lucky few who own the expansion. But if they managed to put up a kickstarter with the game plus expansion PLUS a fifth player, I would be all in.
Lucky few? How many were printed? I own a copy and I'm happy to sell the base game with the expansion to anyone who makes a reasonable offer - I'm clearing out the conflict-heavy games in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Private message sent.

I'd love to buy your copy of clash of cultures with expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:

Well we were playtesting a really good 5-6p expansion (with many other goodies besides) before Z-Man lost all appetite in this area. I'm not sure if Christian has the rights to the game to run his own Kickstarter - Z-Man won't do it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Friesen
Canada
Hepburn
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So it sounds like I should just enjoy the base game.. Or buy the rights from Z-Man and have my company make a new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your expansion still on sale.
Jojo is not buying expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
srcabeza wrote:

Well we were playtesting a really good 5-6p expansion (with many other goodies besides) before Z-Man lost all appetite in this area. I'm not sure if Christian has the rights to the game to run his own Kickstarter - Z-Man won't do it...

Really? man that would be amazing; and at the same time, it's a shame watching Z-Man sitting on this game doing nothing. An undeserved fate for a true masterpiece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Friesen
Canada
Hepburn
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent Z-Man an email asking about the rights to the game. They have not emailed back yet, big surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
srcabeza wrote:

wow

An additional player expansion would have been amazing. Hopefully someone will pick this game up in the future, because I would totally throw my money at such an endeavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:

wow

An additional player expansion would have been amazing. Hopefully someone will pick this game up in the future, because I would totally throw my money at such an endeavor.

Agreed. I have many amazing 2-4p games that rarely get played (and almost never at more than 2p) because group gaming is almost always 5 or 6 players, and no-one wants to split to 2 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
Sassycat wrote:

wow

Agreed. I have many amazing 2-4p games that rarely get played (and almost never at more than 2p) because group gaming is almost always 5 or 6 players, and no-one wants to split to 2 games.
That's one of the contributing factors for today's sale of all my CoC stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would happily team up n play. Just see the game played n helping out with rules.
For such an awesome game. Though 5-6 player would do a world of good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Herbinger
Canada
Shad Bay
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kelanen wrote:
srcabeza wrote:

I would be interested in hearing about this 5-6 player expansion with goodies. Was this a fan-made expansion? Or something from Christian Marcussen himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was going to be official, but Christian got busy with his day job, so development and testing went on hiatus.

Meanwhile, Sea of Glory nearly didn't get printed, and Civilizations came out with lots of complaining about the miniatures while the oozing mini problem of the base game continued, and I'm assuming the publisher hasn't asked for another expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding 5-6 player. I got stuck on finding a smart way to implement it without the downtime becoming insufferable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
Regarding 5-6 player. I got stuck on finding a smart way to implement it without the downtime becoming insufferable.

Just for feedback Christian - although we tested it with the simultaneous play markers and without, we preferred without, and honestly din't find the downtime to be an issue.

For >2p I almost always play 5-6p now, and everyone is quite content with the downtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.