Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Cards size for the new edition ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, before this new edition will came out, can someone tell what are the cards sizes for this game ?
I'm asking because in the game's section re sleeves from geek list menu, there are listed 3 versions of the sleeves for the old edition (Z-Man, German and French editions) and I'm wondering if the new edition will have different sizes for the small and normal cards, or they are the same with the ones from Z-Man for example ?
This is kinda important for those who want to pre-order the game together with sleeves in the same package.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Colombo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question to Portal (using the form on the website) but no answer. I want to know that me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested to know but I'm assuming as a European publisher they will use european card sizes as they did on the previous Portal release not the US sizes that ZMan, a US publisher, used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
New edition has the same size of all components including cards, tokens, board. Thank you for the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignacy, thanks for the answer, but when you say "has the same size of all components", to which version of the game are you referring? Z-man, French or German? Because on each of this editions, the normal cards have different sizes, per the info provided under geek list at cards sleeves. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to admit I'm confused about which Mayday sleeves I need to buy for this new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Have to admit I'm confused about which Mayday sleeves I need to buy for this new edition.

Don't. Use Fantasy Flight Game sleeves instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Portalgames.pl shows 58x88 mm for the promo cards for this game.
Does that mean that the new edition has the same size as the promo cards ?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RipTail wrote:
Ignacy, thanks for the answer, but when you say "has the same size of all components", to which version of the game are you referring? Z-man, French or German? Because on each of this editions, the normal cards have different sizes, per the info provided under geek list at cards sleeves. Thanks.

I would assume he means none of the above. The same size as the other Portal version most likely, as this is a new version of the previous Portal edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
nickbolton wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Why?

Mayday sleeves tend to have inconsistent sizings, and questionable quality assurance.

Now if you are looking at penny sleeves then sure go for Mayday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
Also interested to know so I can be prepared once the game releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this post from a user on 2013, in the expansion forum of this game:
"The "portal" cards are at different dimensions as "z-man" cards are.
Portal card dimensions: 58x88mm
Z-man card dimensions: 57x87mm"

I'm guessing that this is true, because on the Portal website, all the promo cards are listed at 58x88 and the new edition will also be published by them, so chances are that the normal cards, 220 in number, to be cut at 58x88.
The small ones, are all at the same size, no matter the edition, which is 45x70.

What do you think guys ?

Also, if one of us gets the game first, would be highly appreciated to leave a reply saying what sleeves size he's been using for this edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFS sleeves are almost always too long by several millimeters, it's annoying. The quality otherwise is great.

I'm interested in the exact sleeves people prefer for the new edition as well. Ideally Ultra Pro, though I'd take FFS if they're a better fit - I'll manually trim each one, though, like I had to do with Dice City. :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
FFS sleeves are almost always too long by several millimeters, it's annoying. The quality otherwise is great.

I'm interested in the exact sleeves people prefer for the new edition as well. Ideally Ultra Pro, though I'd take FFS if they're a better fit - I'll manually trim each one, though, like I had to do with Dice City. :\

I know not everyone likes it but that extra protection is why I buy FFG sleeves. I found ultra pro to be too close a fit and there is that hologram.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Turcu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Please take a look at this comparison:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24459103#24459103
Have a nice day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.