Matthew Ashmore
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I was wanting to implement some of the cards from Miskatonic Horror, but I don't have the original expansions they appear in. I want Injuries and Madnesses, but I don't have Dunwich Horror. I also want Relationships, but I don't have Lurker at the Threshold. Can I still implement those cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it shouldn't be a problem to implement either set. You just won't have as much variety without the original cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One small problem is that you won't be able to be devoured on a double-injury/madness like you can with the full set, but that's minor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, while the Relationships should be fine, your stripped down I&M decks won't behave quite like the full decks.

Every eight or ten gmes, an Investigator is devoured by a duplicate I&M. The Miskatonic I&M's match up with their counterparts from Dunwich, so that won't be happening.

It's a pretty minor effect, but it will take a little of the thrill out of choosing to take one.

-edit- ninja'd by the Lord High Mayor of Arkham...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.