Subject: Get out of Jail and Mutiple Faces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GT Games
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just got the game yesterday. Looking for some clarification on two things
1. According to the rules under setup section to get someone out of Jail you just need to roll the face dice to rotate there number down and don't seem to need to roll any action dice to accomplish this.
However in the next section where is speaks of escaped desperados
it gives the example of someone rolling 3 action dice with the Lady face.
In this example the Lady is down to the number one and should only need one Face to get her out of Jail.
It says you use an action dice along with the lady face to get her out, then use the two remaining dice to use as actions for the Lady.
Why do I give up an action dice to free her if I never had to use the action dice to free her before? I would think I would have 3 actions to apply.
Perhaps I have misunderstood.

2. When Freeing a desperado are we only allowed to apply 2 faces on each turn. So basically I cannot rotate them more then 2 on a single turn?
From the instructions "Each player rolls all 4 dice. If he obtains an Action face or more than two matching dice, he should reroll
those dice until he has rolled four Character faces with no more than two identical faces"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are confusing Setup with the actual Game Play. It's only during Setup that you use 2 identical faces and no action faces. Basically, setup is just giving each player a slightly different starting position.

During regular play, you always have to pair Action faces with a Character Face. Multiple of the same Character Face are useless because it's the number of action faces you pair with them that matters. (Unless you are collecting a set to draw cards.)

So yes, to activate any character (including freeing them from jail) you need Action+Character face. With 4 dice, you could pair 3 action dice to rotate them 3 times to free.

Hope that makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GT Games
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
yes it does thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.