Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me if this is not the correct sub-forum... But no information or activity exists on this game's page, and this forum seems to be for information well as recommendations, plus I don't want it to be lonely and unseen on the game's page:

I was curious as to why there is limited information and NO buzz or page activity for an Essen 2016 release ** Around The World In 80 Days ** ?

Around the World in 80 Days

I realize that it's not a "sexy" game or a brain-burner, but it should be a solid Family game, since it is a reimplementation of Hare & Tortoise, the initial SDJ winner.

Hare & Tortoise

I was just wondering if anyone had some info on this release, or any ideas as to why a game like this would get absolutely no "Love".

Edit: Included BGG Links. duh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
OgieGamer wrote:
Forgive me if this is not the correct sub-forum... But no information or activity exists on this game's page, and this forum seems to be for information well as recommendations, plus I don't want it to be lonely and unseen on the game's page:

I was curious as to why there is limited information and NO buzz or page activity for an Essen 2016 release ** Around The World In 80 Days ** ?

I realize that it's not a "sexy" game or a brain-burner, but it should be a solid Family game, since it is a reimplementation of Hare & Tortoise, the initial SDJ winner.

I was just wondering if anyone had some info on this release, or any ideas as to why a game like this would get absolutely no "Love".

Dis'? Around the World in 80 Days

25 Geeklists is not bad so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me... I'm not proficient on inner-workings of BGG. Where do you see 25 geeklists?

I see that 52 people have it on their Wishlist...but little info on page and no discussion for a solid family game with an award-winning pedigree, that is coming out in a few weeks. I don't see much else, and was hoping for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OgieGamer wrote:
Forgive me... I'm not proficient on inner-workings of BGG. Where do you see 25 geeklists?

It's under the "More" submenu in the tabs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
OgieGamer wrote:

It's under the "More" submenu in the tabs.

Thanks for the tutorial... Now I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
What about 'Touring'/'Mille Borne' ala "The Great RACE!"! sauron-Prof. FAITALE: "Max-MAX too MAX-MAX-MAX!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some lively discussion when Hare & Tortoise was (briefly) renamed to Around the World in 80 Days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
What about 'Touring'/'Mille Borne' ala "The Great RACE!"! sauron-Prof. FAITALE: "Max-MAX too MAX-MAX-MAX!"

OK....... I'm not sure what asking about extremely old "Mass Market" games has to do with information about a new release that reimplements a SDJ winner?

But sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
There was some lively discussion when Hare & Tortoise was (briefly) renamed to Around the World in 80 Days.

I didn't see that discussion... Link?

Briefly? I thought the new IELLO release was called Around the World In 80 Days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly enough, I was hoping ti was a reimplementation of the other IELLO game...

Tales & Games: The Hare & the Tortoise

It doesn't appear to be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Limited buzz due to the bad choice of title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ct5150 wrote:
Limited buzz due to the bad choice of title.

You're right! A better title and reimplementation of this game would definitely be:

Cthulhu & Zombies.

What was IELLO thinking.shakewhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
GROGnads wrote:
OgieGamer wrote:
OK....... I'm not sure what asking about extremely old "Mass Market" games has to do with information about a new release that reimplements a SDJ winner?

But sure...
sauron
shake ~"Son, there ain'ts NO 'card-draught' SDJ anymore!"
~"There WAS 'one'?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
OgieGamer wrote:

But sure...
sauron
shake ~"Son, there ain'ts NO 'card-draught' SDJ anymore!"
~"There WAS 'one'?"

English please...whistle

I have no idea what point or comment you are trying to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.