Evolution» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cooperative scavenging carnivore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When a cooperative scavenging carnivore attacks, can it take the 1 meat from the Scavenger trait before it take the meat from the attack?

Purpose: cooperating twice instead of once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Scavenger meat before predation meat?
I would say no. Thematically, there is only leftovers for scavenging after the original attack occurs.

edit: but you CAN activate cooperation twice. Once for the attack and once for the scavenge. It wasn't specifically stated in OP, but I assume that you are talking about a scavenging carnivore (ie. the same species)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
If a game needs it, I feel forced to create and implement some variants.
mbmbmbmbmb

The order it doesn't matter, so you can't benefit twice for the scavenger effect changing it. Scavenger works differently than Cooperation, that's why if the Carnivore attacking also have the Scavenger trait will receive the meat amount plus one.

EDIT: Remember that Coopertion works with plants only, never meat! Ups, I had a "lapsus" here surprise. Jajaja, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chango wrote:

The order it doesn't matter, so you can't benefit twice for the scavenger effect changing it. Scavenger works differently than Cooperation, that's why if the Carnivore attacking also have the Scavenger trait will receive the meat amount plus one.
Unless the attack filled it up, then scavenger (and a 2nd cooperation) would not happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chango wrote:
EDIT: Remember that Coopertion works with plants only, never meat!

This is wrong. The rulebook refers specifically to possibly taking meat in the cooperation action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

EDIT: Remember that Coopertion works with plants only, never meat!

Not true...

Based on Dom's response here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23343211#23343211
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goldman
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
When a cooperative scavenging carnivore attacks, can it take the 1 meat from the Scavenger trait before it take the meat from the attack?

Yes, you can do this, you would cooperate twice. But it would take meat from the attack before meat from scavenger (so if you fill up from the attack, scavenger won't trigger and cooperation then only triggers once.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bluffcheck20 wrote:
(so if you fill up from the attack, scavenger won't trigger and cooperation then only triggers once.)
This was my question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
OFFICIAL ANSWER:
Bluffcheck20 wrote:
beri2 wrote:

Yes, you can do this, you would cooperate twice. But it would take meat from the attack before meat from scavenger (so if you fill up from the attack, scavenger won't trigger and cooperation then only triggers once.)

NOTE: Ben works at North Star Games and is a part of the Evolution development team, so his answer is about as authoritative as it gets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.