Subject: Question about preacher's holy book rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you have to use the holy book as a weapon to get +1 faith? Or can you just use a different weapon (Ex: bow) and keep the faith bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have the book equipped to get the bonus from it.

In general, if a piece of gear requires 1 (or 2) hands, then your hero only gets the bonuses it gives if the gear is equipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lewis
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
It shows as a one-handed weapon, so we play it that you have to be equipping it in order to get the bonus. Plus, the mental imagery of actual bible-thumping is too good to pass up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that it doesn't have keyword "Hand Weapon" (despite being an Item that gives you +1 Combat and that requires a hand). This means you can't put a Dark Stone Grip on it :-( Took me a while to catch that.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
Also note that it doesn't have keyword "Hand Weapon" (despite being an Item that gives you +1 Combat and that requires a hand). This means you can't put a Dark Stone Grip on it :-( Took me a while to catch that.

- Jee

However, because it's wicked cool, I'm allowing attaching a void assembly. This cannot be overruled unless you can prove why it isn't cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My preacher has mutated and now the holy book is part of his body. What a passion from his side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njep wrote:
Inspector Jee wrote:

- Jee

However, because it's wicked cool, I'm allowing attaching a void assembly. This cannot be overruled unless you can prove why it isn't cool.

Oh hell no. You can't just declare that something IS and then demand I prove a negative. If that sorcery was valid, we would be forced to accept most every inane conclusion drawn up by random human whims. No no, you'll need to prove that it IS cool first before I refute the claim. And to do this, we would have to start by agreeing on what a Void Assembly actually is. My friend is still convinced that its a group of 13 robed figures chanting in unison. Another has put forth that its a Dark Stone Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher. Is like a spring assembly? Is a laser cannon? Does it just make the weapon all sparkly-glowy?

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
This means you can't put a Dark Stone Grip on it :-( Took me a while to catch that.

More a Dark Stone Spine surely?

as for a Void Assembly I always imagined it as like staring into the infinite darkness of the centre of a black hole. Quite how that can be conveyed onto a weapon (or Holy Book) I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Brainer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is something that goes into your hand, we play you have to have it in your hand to get the bonus. Same goes for example 2 hats, you normally only have 1 head so you can only wear 1 hat and have 1 bonus from that.

(on a personal note, i had to remove my very nice mutated horns on my priest to wear the hat to become traveler and use my poncho... that was a very sad day devildevildevil)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.