Hide
3 Posts

Fairytale Gloom» Forums » General

Subject: Combine with base Gloom? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
e w
msg tools
Hello, my wife is really interested in Gloom, so picked that up on Amazon and it's on it's way. I see there are expansions, too, which is always of interest to me. But then I see this game; is it an expansion? A separate standalone? Or a variant that can be played by itself but ALSO added to the basic Gloom game? If it's the last, I might be interested in getting it to add to the collection, when we get to the point where we need to expand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.I. Morochnick
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
This game is a stand-alone variant. There's nothing stopping you from combining the cards to add more randomness to the game, and the Story Cards mechanic added in with Fairytale synergizes with the story icons of the original. There are no families assigned, so you get to pick which characters make up your "family" when playing with the original Gloom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
e w
msg tools
Hmm, so it stands on its own as it's own game, but can also be successfully combined with the base game as a sort of super expansion, if you wish to try it. Sounds like it might be getting, also, the wife likes the Fairytale idea, assuming they're dark Brothers Grimm style, rather the cutesy Disney style. Which... I'm guessing won't really be a problem for this game series lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.