Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious how "Euro-y" is Bruges? I'm kind of over strict Euros at the moment, but am drawn in by the hand management aspect. What are some games Bruges compares to? I'm not really looking for anything like Castles of Burgundy or Voyages of Marco Polo right now as I've had my fill of Euros, but this looks interesting.

Also, can someone briefly explain how much "auctioning" there is in Biblios? Does it work 2 player? I didn't like the auctioning in Ra/Isle of Skye at all, might I still like Biblios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Gentry
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruges is very much a Euro game, and since it's from Feld it's a bit of a point salad, like Castles of Burgundy (not that there's anything wrong with that). Other than having different actions/ways to score points, one gimmick is you can use your cards in different ways based on their colors. You can discard them to get the money depicted, play them to get workers in that color, build a house of that color, build a canal token of that color, hire an occupant of the same color as a house you've built, etc. It's a good game, but if you're burned out on Euros, I'd avoid it.

As for Biblios, I've only played it 2 player. I don't know Ra, but the auctioning works much better than Isle of Skye with 2. With 2, in the first part of the game, on your turn, you draw 3 cards one at a time. You get to keep one, put one in the auction pile, and give one to your opponent (you have to decide on each one as you draw it, so if you gamble, you could end up giving your opponent a good card, or yourself a bad one). Once the deck runs out, you enter the auction phase for the third of the deck that you've set aside, bidding money cards out of your hand. It's a quick game, but a fun one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.