$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to this game. I haven't bought any of the MTG - Arena of the Planewalkers, boxes.

When I saw this game, I was thrilled. I wanted to jump right into it.

But when I see the game has really difficulties to "get started", I hesitated. So I still haven't bought any of the boxes yet.

With this new box, should I forget about previous boxes and jump right into this one?
Is the player group growing?
Is there some organized play going on? Or will that be the case in the future?

Thx.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the boxes adds more to the game. I'm not sure what "real difficulties to "get started" you are talking about. The game was perfectly fun and playable right out of the original box.

I do think that the original box is the best place to start at though, as the single colored Plainswalkers are a lot easier to get the hang of and come with pre-built decks and armies. The Battle of Zendikar expansion adds in some other units and a co-op scenario type of thing to the game. The newest set is another standalone game, but it introduces dual colored plainswalkers and a lot of new mechanics, making it better for experienced players who are already familiar with the core game.

All of them have their places though and anyone who is a fan of the game will eventually want to own them all (possibly multiples) in order to really make the most of the ability to construct your own army and build your own decks. Even without that aspect of the game though, it plays very well with pre-constructed things that come right in the base games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The difficulties I refer to are not about the game itself. It's about creating a community. It is really difficult to find players around here (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place ).

Thx for the explanation though. I'll watch out when the box becomes available in Belgium.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.