United States
Orem
UT
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Including two base games. I bought two bases to play one and keep. After playing it, it's not really my cup of tea, and I'm going to sell the full lot of expansions with the unopened base. How much do you think a full set of new Talisman + all expansions is worth on ebay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the ridiculous prices being asked for another victim of the FFG/GW split - Forbidden Stars - is anything to go by, you could look to double what you paid for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Graves
Canada
Cloverdale
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After doing zero research on this and claiming zero industry insight, I doubt that Talisman will fetch the asking prices of Forbidden Stars simply because there is still plenty of Talisman stock out there and the game has been available for years. The demand doesn't seem to be there. For example, I have seen 2 used copies of Talisman listed locally on Craigslist in the past few months and I still see them for sale. I haven't seen any copies of Forbidden Stars listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buckarooo wrote:
After doing zero research on this and claiming zero industry insight, I doubt that Talisman will fetch the asking prices of Forbidden Stars simply because there is still plenty of Talisman stock out there and the game has been available for years. The demand doesn't seem to be there. For example, I have seen 2 used copies of Talisman listed locally on Craigslist in the past few months and I still see them for sale. I haven't seen any copies of Forbidden Stars listed.

You haven't been following the threads on this. The day the news broke almost every Talisman product found at online stores sold out. Prices have doubled for the Deep Realms expansion in particular since that was a print on demand expansion and there are none in the FFG warehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Graves
Canada
Cloverdale
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Quite right. I was basing my opinion off of the base game resales I had recently seen. I do see that the expansions are all unavailable at the three online sources I have looked at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
Buckarooo wrote:

You haven't been following the threads on this. The day the news broke almost every Talisman product found at online stores sold out. Prices have doubled for the Deep Realms expansion in particular since that was a print on demand expansion and there are none in the FFG warehouse.

I can personally vouch for The Deep Realms in particular. Everything else I have been able to find still below MSRP by signing up for restock notices and watching web sites like a hawk. As For The Deep Realms I am located in Little Rock, AR USA and other than a ridiculous listing on Amazon for $65US the cheapest I can find it is around $20 , but its out of Australia, which with shipping puts it near $40... So if anyone knows of a place one could get just The Deep Realms at a reasonable price (only thing I currently do not own or haven't ordered [except The Woodland and The City, which are on the "FFG BOAT"]) please let me know! Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try following CSI, except for the POD stuff and Talisman: the City expansion, most Talisman stuff is available at regular/below retail prices. Now, that's not to say that in February when FFG can no longer sell the Talisman product price's will not rise, but I do think Talisman and all of it's expansions are somewhat easier to find then other FFG/GW games(Forbidden Stars and Chaos in the Old World) come to mind.

Best of luck on your hunt for the games, I am still on the lookout for Talisman: the City(FFG says it's still on the boat) so I hope I can get it for less then full retail from CSI when they get some more.

turks1966
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately, I only had to buy the last four expansions to complete my set, and one of my FOLGS had all 4 in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turks1966 wrote:
Try following CSI, except for the POD stuff and Talisman: the City expansion, most Talisman stuff is available at regular/below retail prices. Now, that's not to say that in February when FFG can no longer sell the Talisman product price's will not rise, but I do think Talisman and all of it's expansions are somewhat easier to find then other FFG/GW games(Forbidden Stars and Chaos in the Old World) come to mind.

Best of luck on your hunt for the games, I am still on the lookout for Talisman: the City(FFG says it's still on the boat) so I hope I can get it for less then full retail from CSI when they get some more.

turks1966

I am a huge fan of both CSI and MM, and have notices set up on both sites along with a few others and at my local FLGS. I was finally able to get The Deep Realm at CSI just now for below MSRP (Ha! I say to those trying to gouge on Amazon and Ebay...). Thanks for the advice anyway! Good luck to all still looking for anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keates
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesus, glad I picked up the PODs on a whim at my FLGS. $11 each. FFG would be crazy not to do another run of PODs before February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.