Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Us when the game finally comes out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
10 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:


LOL.

Yup, the sense of anticipation would indeed be blowin' in the wind.

The UK release has been delayed and I'm fresh out of stay-young juice.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:


So, like, to take this pic you must surely already own it...?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
John1701 wrote:


So, like, to take this pic you must surely already own it...?


Yes, lol, but I've been having to wait to do any events until it comes out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:


To be more specific, that would be the North American gamers.

Our European brethren will look more like this...



10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Whatever delay there may be for Europe it'll be nothing compared to the Orleans: Invasion discrepancy. Europe got theirs October 8 last year. TMG just announced a street date for us: October 26.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
October 26? Well, it's a good thing I'm not excited about it anymore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
October 26? Well, it's a good thing I'm not excited about it anymore.


It's interesting you say that.

I was just thinking today about modern consumerism and how advertisers figured out how to create needs we never had.

Case in point "some" game. They will tease it, create interest, drip feed rules and photos and finally after they've had you thinking about the game, ramp up the mega marketing to push you to buy at release.

If the release doesn't go as planned, all that brain washing starts to wear off a little. Just like sometimes you'll buy something and get buyer's remorse, or plain let down because it was an inferior product vs the marketing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
R2EQ wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
October 26? Well, it's a good thing I'm not excited about it anymore.


It's interesting you say that.

I was just thinking today about modern consumerism and how advertisers figured out how to create needs we never had.

Case in point "some" game. They will tease it, create interest, drip feed rules and photos and finally after they've had you thinking about the game, ramp up the mega marketing to push you to buy at release.

If the release doesn't go as planned, all that brain washing starts to wear off a little. Just like sometimes you'll buy something and get buyer's remorse, or plain let down because it was an inferior product vs the marketing.

It's unfortunately true....

I mean, they're probably not going to lose too many sales over it.

However, if you over promise and under deliver you start associating your product with negative connotations...

Personally, it gave me enough time to realise I will never play a game of this vast length, I would have bought it three weeks, two weeks, probably even last week. This week, I basically came to a conclusion I need something less "epic" in my collection and then bought it. Moving on until foreseeable future when expansion packs for this game are plentiful. Excited for the future of this game, but from sidelines lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.