Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
As it seems I'm constantly trying to narrow down my desire for a quick-playing solitaire game, this has popped on my radar a couple of times, and as I've got some spare gaming cash to spend, I figured it might be worth a closer look.

As I went about trying to find info on it,* I discovered this: The Game: Extreme

From that description, it sounds like Extreme should be able to be played exactly the same as this (assuming you ignore the new instructions on the cards), and then should the original play start to feel stale or too easy then you could easily add in the new rules.

If that's the case, why would I not want to get the revised version?

*As a side note, I would like to smack the crap out of whoever thought that the name "The Game" would be sufficient for working well for online searching of any variety, like say reviews, or rules, or where to buy the damn thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the rules for Extreme on the Nürnberger-Spielkarten-Verlag website; you'll need to look under "T," because they are sorting it off "The."

shake

http://www.nsv.de/spielregeln.html

On the plus side, they've got the rules in German, English, Spanish, French, and Italian.

I was hoping to see that some of the new mechanisms might be more helpful for the players (as opposed to marginally more hindering), but that doesn't seem to be the case. With that being said, Extreme looks like it'll be a pass for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how this answers your original question :

Steve Dubya wrote:
If that's the case, why would I not want to get the revised version?

Looks like Extreme would definitely be the one to choose since it has it all plus more if you want it. Does it also have the On Fire built in? I didn't see that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ignore the special symbols, you can play the basic "The Game" with the cards of "The Game: Extreme".
The only reason why you might not want that version is if you like red better than blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.