Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Sushi Go Party!» Forums » General

Subject: How well does it play with two? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Never played Sushi Go, but I think my wife would really enjoy the theme, does it play well with 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works, but if you can memorize the 2 hands, you'll have a huge advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played and enjoyed many 2 player games of Sushi Go Party! I mostly play with my 8 year-old sister, though, so I can't really speak to the strategic depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith romstad
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works great with 2! We play all the time just use the "ghost hand variant" that allows for, in my opinion, more strategy than 3+ player as you get an extra card to see each rotation that you can use on yourself or use to block your opponent onto the ghost player... If you play without the variant it's not a very good 2 player game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few cards in Sushi Go Party work well in 2 player games as they add extra decision points to each hand. This takes away some of the certainty and possible memorisation. My favourites are: Menu, Special Order, Takeout Box and Miso Soup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks everybody! Seems I will get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S.
msg tools
mb
I played 2 player with the style from 7 Wonders Duel. IMO it's better than a dummy hand and gives a level playing field for those that aren't that good at memorizing the entirety of the hands.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2558121/7-wonders-duel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.