6 Posts

Maquis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spare Room Additions Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
After you purchase the spare room and place over it, your tile of choice, do you still get the option not to return to the safe house each time you visit the room you added?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamegeekess wrote:
After you purchase the spare room and place over it, your tile of choice, do you still get the option not to return to the safe house each time you visit the room you added?

I'm not sure I follow the question? The only placement where you can choose to not return to the safe house at the bottom of the board is when your maquisard is on the "Safe House" spare room tile - which has to be bought at one of the spare room sites before it can be used.

As a more general answer, once you have purchased and placed a spare room tile then the spare room space is completely replaced by that tile - you can no longer action the spare room space underneath at all. Which realistically just means that you can't buy a different tile and replace the one you've placed - it's there permanently once bought. (Although you can still buy a different tile for a different spare room space.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
Bichatse wrote:
boardgamegeekess wrote:

I'm not sure I follow the question? The only placement where you can choose to not return to the safe house at the bottom of the board is when your maquisard is on the "Safe House" spare room tile - which has to be bought at one of the spare room sites before it can be used.

As a more general answer, once you have purchased and placed a spare room tile then the spare room space is completely replaced by that tile - you can no longer action the spare room space underneath at all. Which realistically just means that you can't buy a different tile and replace the one you've placed - it's there permanently once bought. (Although you can still buy a different tile for a different spare room space.)

Looking at the Ilya redesign, on the game board there is a yellow shield with white star in it at 10 o'clock in each spare room.

Looking at the reference card for this symbol it says this means: "May complete an action without returning to Safe House".

So say you go to that spare room, then get blocked, you don't have to return to safe house because of the shield. You don't get arrested nor do you have to shoot a patrol unit. If this is the case, when you buy the spare room and place the spare room tile over it.. do you still have access to this "yellow shield" benefits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamegeekess wrote:

Looking at the Ilya redesign, on the game board there is a yellow shield with white star in it at 10 o'clock in each spare room.

Looking at the reference card for this symbol it says this means: "May complete an action without returning to Safe House".

Ah! I see what you mean.

What that symbol means is that you get to complete the action even if you get arrested, not that you don't have to return to the safe house at all.

(From the version of the rules reworked to match Ilya's redesign: "If the worker is arrested, you may only have the rewards from that action if the location has an orange
shield with a star symbol. Otherwise, the worker never makes it home and cannot bring the reward back, so they are lost.")

If you go to the Doctor to fetch medicine, but your maquisard gets arrested that turn, then you don't get to keep the medicine - because it needs to be actually carried back to the safe house in order to 'own' it. But if you go to the Poor District and distribute food and medicine then you still keep the morale benefit if your worker cannot trace a path home. In the case of the Spare Room spaces, that symbol being present means that if you buy a spare room but then get arrested, you still get to keep the spare room tile that you chose.

After you've bought a spare room and placed the tile, then that tile completely replaces the space on the board that the Spare Room action space used to occupy, so you only get the shield benefits if the new room has the shield (so: for the Propagandist, but no others).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
instead of writing new thread maybe I just ask here:
If a worker gather some resources and then hides in additional Safe House (bought spare room) can another worker still use those tresources despite retrieving to original Safe House? I guess "yes" but want to be sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donatello23 wrote:
instead of writing new thread maybe I just ask here:
If a worker gather some resources and then hides in additional Safe House (bought spare room) can another worker still use those tresources despite retrieving to original Safe House? I guess "yes" but want to be sure

Yes - once resources are 'owned' by the player, it makes no difference where they came from. Returning to a different safe house is no different really to gaining money from an airdrop and using it to buy a safe house next to Radio B when there's a Milicien on the Black Market, for example!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.