$30.00
wyatt dumas
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
What have you all found to be the best approaches? Hit up the shop early? Do as many side quests as possible before going to the shop? Try to even get through the second story quest before going to the shop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tend to go to the shop early and as few times as possible. Once I've got enough gold to buy 1 item per Hero I'll check the store. I really dislike losing that week of questing so I make sure I get the most out of the town trips I take.

The random equipment generally means you probably won't find something for everyone in your team, so going more often might be better for character improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely shop early and don't buy unless the item REALLY helps. Sometimes that extra week is better spent getting more XP from training to ensure your next quest is a victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
veector wrote:
Definitely shop early and don't buy unless the item REALLY helps. Sometimes that extra week is better spent getting more XP from training to ensure your next quest is a victory.

Not sure I agree with the only buy if it really helps part. Once you've spent the week to go to town, why not buy anything and everything you can which is at least marginally helpful? You have no real use for gold until the next time you shop, at which point you can sell back equipment for the full purchase price. To me, that's the big change from regular Descent: no half price resale. So I tend to spend what I've got when I shop, since I'm only shopping rarely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ringgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
I need a healer!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gundo wrote:
veector wrote:

Not sure I agree with the only buy if it really helps part. Once you've spent the week to go to town, why not buy anything and everything you can which is at least marginally helpful? You have no real use for gold until the next time you shop, at which point you can sell back equipment for the full purchase price. To me, that's the big change from regular Descent: no half price resale. So I tend to spend what I've got when I shop, since I'm only shopping rarely.

I agree, unless you're immediately spending the gold on training, you might as well buy as much as you can afford when in town. You can always trade it in for something better next time you shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.