Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Custom Marvel Legendary Case rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wallace
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
My girlfriend and I LOVE marvel legnendary and our collection got too big. So we went to hobby lobby to buy the box that the broken token organizer is for Legendary. However we thought it was too plain so we wanted to decorate it. At first we were thinking of putting a big "L" on there or find some small marvel decal. However, after one of us said "what we need to find is the marvel section [of the store] (jokingly not expecting to find one)" We turned around and saw this big ass canvas poster marked half off and had an idea. So we bought some black fabric tape, cut it off the canvas, grabbed my staple gun, took off the hardware from the box, and with some fancy folding BAM awesome case.

Other side

Inside the box

With Dividers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M.

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So jealous, well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Freaking awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Holy shit this is great!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Truly top notch. As someone who has to use both the main box and the Dark City expansion box to hold all his cards, this is an ideal, and beautiful, all-in-one solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely beautiful and top notch! I would parade that beauty around everywhere!!

However, through no fault of your own, it makes me sad to see zero Fantastic Four and X-Men representation on new Marvel merchandise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
It looks really good! I noticed that your collection is sleeved. How many sets fit in that box? Also which box did you buy? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mugen80 wrote:
It looks really good! I noticed that your collection is sleeved. How many sets fit in that box? Also which box did you buy? Thank you!

I use 2 of the big box expansions as "dividers" inside of this same box (Hobby Lobby Artists Sketch Case). The expansion boxes take up just a little bit of room. I currently store All Henchman and All Villain cards, as well as the Schemes and Starting Player Card Sets inside of the Base Box, with the official insert. The rest of the cards are in the Hobby Lobby case. I own every expansion except Villains, Fear Itself, and Fantastic Four...Deadpool included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Mugen80 wrote:

I use 2 of the big box expansions as "dividers" inside of this same box (Hobby Lobby Artists Sketch Case). The expansion boxes take up just a little bit of room. I currently store All Henchman and All Villain cards, as well as the Schemes and Starting Player Card Sets inside of the Base Box, with the official insert. The rest of the cards are in the Hobby Lobby case. I own every expansion except Villains, Fear Itself, and Fantastic Four...Deadpool included.

The big box expansion boxes take up a little bit of room, but (obviously) still let you get four rows across of cards stored horizontally. I love that the dimensions of the Hobby Lobby case are literally a perfect fit for two of the expansion boxes.

And the room taken up by those expansion boxes is less than the space that would be taken up by using a Broken Token or Go7Gaming wooden insert, which use 1/8" baltic birch on all of the sides and row dividers. The expansion boxes are only like 1mm thick chipboard, so they're significantly thinner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Mugen80 wrote:

The big box expansion boxes take up a little bit of room, but (obviously) still let you get four rows across of cards stored horizontally. I love that the dimensions of the Hobby Lobby case are literally a perfect fit for two of the expansion boxes.

And the room taken up by those expansion boxes is less than the space that would be taken up by using a Broken Token or Go7Gaming wooden insert, which use 1/8" baltic birch on all of the sides and row dividers. The expansion boxes are only like 1mm thick chipboard, so they're significantly thinner.

I guess I hadnt thought of the room another insert would be taking up..good call.

Yeah, as soon as I saw someone on here post a picture of their big box expansions inside one of these cases, I went out to Hobby Lobby and got one. I saw that same canvas from this post when I got my case, but figured I could come back and use another 40% coupon on it. All in time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallace
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We just got all the expansions to Legendary and every card sleeved (penny sleeves) with dividers inside of this case. We had to take out the "ambition" cards from the big box expansions to make a little room, but we never play with that variant anyway. We DO NOT have the two villains sets (villains AND Fear Itself). I also am missing the 3D Promo set cards. Deadpool is the last expansion that will fit inside of here, so if they announce any more sets we're kind of screwed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallace
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The hobby lobby artist case is the box we bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Crazysmurf91 wrote:
We just got all the expansions to Legendary and every card sleeved (penny sleeves) with dividers inside of this case. We had to take out the "ambition" cards from the big box expansions to make a little room, but we never play with that variant anyway. We DO NOT have the two villains sets (villains AND Fear Itself). I also am missing the 3D Promo set cards. Deadpool is the last expansion that will fit inside of here, so if they announce any more sets we're kind of screwed.

Penny sleeves are going to be thinner than the ones I use (Ultra Pro) but do you have the Fantastic Four expansion, too? Im surprised you can fit it all in one of these cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Crazysmurf91 wrote:
The hobby lobby artist case is the box we bought.

I wonder how this canvas would look on the lighter shaded case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the case available in multiple colors/shades? I thought it only came in the fairly light natural unstained color? I figured the OP just painted everything else black (including the Broken Token insert).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Is the case available in multiple colors/shades? I thought it only came in the fairly light natural unstained color? I figured the OP just painted everything else black (including the Broken Token insert).

The one he has seems to me to be the darker shaded case. One is the normal light wood shade....the one here looks to be the darker brown wooded one.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Storage-Organization/...

So, I guess they call it "black"...but yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

The one he has seems to me to be the darker shaded case. One is the normal light wood shade....the one here looks to be the darker brown wooded one.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Storage-Organization/...

So, I guess they call it "black"...but yeah.

Ah, you're right. My local Hobby Lobby has only ever carried the light shade one (and they have about 50 on hand at any point in time it seems), so I figured that was the only color available. I've seen a lot of people spray paint theirs black and then paint a SHIELD or HYDRA or Legendary stencil logo on it, so I figured part of that is what the OP did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallace
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The place we went to had both the light shade case and the darker one which we bought. We have fantastic four yes, I think maybe what saved some space is we made our own "insert" instead of the broken token one. Literally just took some poster board (3 sections) cut it slightly too big for the space and just wedged it in there (no gluing or anything). The cards themselves pretty much keep it in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.