Subject: Any non-US people got their P500 copies of the expansion yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm still waiting for it to arrive in Canada here... (apparently it was charged on the 11th August, but it still hasn't arrived). I'm hoping it'll arrive this week - has anyone else outside the US got their copy from P500?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
And what become of her new straw hat that should have come to me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting. Received my charging notification, but no indication of when the precious will ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto, I sent an email to GMT a few days ago and they told me my copy had shipped on Sept 15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They'd announced in their latest update that the last P500 copies were to ship on September 19. Now it's just the long wait for the package to show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you're a new user of the P500 system, you may want to read this;

http://www.gmtgames.com/t-GMTP500Details.aspx

"Then when the game is ready for final production (usually about 700-750 orders), we announce a Charge Date (the date we actually charge your card for the game + shipping). We aim to ship the game in 12 weeks or less from that Charge Date. Occasionally, some products may have longer lead times which we announce before charging, and others may be delayed in production."

From experience, USPS ships a few weeks slower than UPS but at least there's less chance of getting dinged with brokerage fees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Oh, I know how P500 works - usually I get P500 stuff about a month after charging, but this one seems to be taking an unusually long time. And I think people have it in the US.

I just wish they'd send the overseas orders out first since they seem to take longer to get to their destinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I received my copy in Australia on Friday, along with Grand Prix and the Labyrinth 3" Box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Bowden
Australia
Fountaindale
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh, mine hasn't arrived yet - but good to hear it has landed in Australia! Maybe today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived Today in Ottawa. Table full at the moment but will add it to my backlog. Too many p500s. Not enough gaming. Must resolve that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry E
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

Calgary here. Arrived yesterday 26th, postmarked 19th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We shall see if Toronto gets it today then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not here in the UK. I'd expect it in three or four more weeks from now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooles D
Canada
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bemment wrote:
Hi

Calgary here. Arrived yesterday 26th, postmarked 19th
Elsewhere in Calgary my Labyrinth 2001-? arrived this afternoon, but no 2010-? yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Coffey
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrive yesterday. Monday 26 September 2016 here in beautiful Victoria, BC.

I didn't know about the 3" box. Have to admit I am pretty disappointed in how it arrived, the shipping box was all beat up, and looked as if it had been opened by customs.

How am I to get my wife to agree to order a box for a game?!?!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Septic wrote:

I didn't know about the 3" box. Have to admit I am pretty disappointed in how it arrived, the shipping box was all beat up, and looked as if it had been opened by customs.

How am I to get my wife to agree to order a box for a game?!?!

shake

Agree with her that it doesn't make sense to just order an empty box and that you'll need to order another game with it to make shipping costs worthwile. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't understand the utility of the 3" box, is it just so that the expansion can fit in there? Why not just toss the insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Septic wrote:

I'd better be getting mine today then since I'm in the same city! I really hope it's here by the end of the week because I'm out of town for the next couple of weeks.

I wonder what Customs made of it. I bet they think we're all terrorist symps or something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDG_ wrote:
Septic wrote:

I'd better be getting mine today then since I'm in the same city! I really hope it's here by the end of the week because I'm out of town for the next couple of weeks.

I wonder what Customs made of it. I bet they think we're all terrorist symps or something!

Hah, maybe this is why I had to go through "random" screening the last time I was at the airport.

But on a serious note, seriously FUNNY that is, I once took Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ? in my carry-on on a work trip, Toronto airport security (the rudest out there based on my experience) was more than a little perturbed and pulled me aside, until I pointed out that they were giving me a grilling over 'A boardgame, basically just complicated Monopoly". The look of sheepishness and embarrassment on their faces was worth the extra hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today! I expect most Canadians will get theirs by the end of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found a lovely GMT box at my doorstep when came home from work just now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It's odd that someone in the same town as me received theirs on Monday and I'm still waiting for it - particularly if customs had a go at their copy which probably delayed it a bit. I hope mine hasn't got lost in the post somehow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan G
Australia
flag msg tools
Mine arrived in Sydney, Australia this morning. Staring at the box right now. Can't wait to get into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yacine Boussekine
Switzerland
Lausanne
vaud
flag msg tools
Switzerland here,I received it last Friday!
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Simpson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived here in Auckland, NZ today. looks good, and looking forward to trying it out. I was surprised that it came in a zip lock bag though, as opposed to a box of its own. No big deal, just not what I was expecting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Well, my copy didn't arrive today either, so I guess that means I won't be getting it for another two weeks. Assuming it actually arrives while I'm away :/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.