Specter Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Escape points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shabazz
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a dumb question but does an agent win if he finishes his move on for example N1 or does he need to move to the arrow? Situation we had was that the agent reached N1 with his fourth movement, and argument was that he needed one extra movement to "go through the door"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
izajsek wrote:
Probably a dumb question but does an agent win if he finishes his move on for example N1 or does he need to move to the arrow? Situation we had was that the agent reached N1 with his fourth movement, and argument was that he needed one extra movement to "go through the door"...

Specter Ops rulebook, page 4 column 2 -- "Escaping and Winning":

"After the agent has completed 3 mission objectives she must escape. To escape she must end a move on 1 of the 3 escape points on the board. These escape points are indicated by the arrows located next to coordinates A3, N1, and W3."

I can see the confusion - above-bolded text seems to imply that the escape point is the arrow, rather than the board space.

However, I believe the intention is that the Agent must simply end her movement on A3, N1 or W3 to win. There is no mention of exiting the board, or that the Arrows represent "spaces" to which a figure may move.

The FAQ does not address this; hopefully the designer can shed some official light on this topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The word "indicated" to me suggests that the escape points are the spaces next to the arrows. If the arrows were spaces, it would just say "These escape points are the arrows located next to..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.