$30.00
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this game, ant its components are very nice.

The Characters are mostly very well known (like Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Aragorn) or at least well known, if You have read the book.

There are two Characters though, who are rather unfamiliar: "Mauhúr" (an Orc) and "Angbor" (a man).

1. Mauhúr:

The Picture shows an Orc - maybe an Uruk Hai warrior.
His long hair and the white hand Symbol on his face remind us of the Uruk Hai Leader in the Films (called "Lurtz", a name which does not appear in the LotR). I did not remember him.

Reading "The Two Towers" recently I discovered who Mauhúr is!

In the Chapter "The Uruk Hai" Merry & Pippin" are being kidnapped by Great Orcs (Uruk Hai) from Isengard, led by Ukluk (also in this Game). They are later joined by Mordor Orcs, led by Grishnak (also in this Game).

When they are finally discovered by hostile Rohirim Horsemen they face defeat and many are worried. Ukluk calms them, anouncing that a Fellow Orcleader named MAUHUR, who will lead his gang from the Fangorn Forest, will meet and support Ukluks horde (he is beaten off though and Ukluks Horde destroyed in the end).

2. Angbor:

Obviously a Man Warrior, with Mountains in the background.
Might be a Gondorian Warrior, perhaps from ther Southern fiefs?

Anyone any Idea, who this Guy is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your information about Mauhúr.
I'm also interested in who is Angbor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HANJEL wrote:
Thanks for your information about Mauhúr.
I'm also interested in who is Angbor.

I could not find him in the book yet.

But at "Google" I found him. According to tha page:

He is the Leader of Lamedon, a fief in the South of Gondor. He led the Southern Gondorian reinforcements, which reach the battle of Minas Tirith just in time to turn the Tide.

(in the Films Angbor and the southern Gondorians do not appear, the Army of the dead does participate at the battle of Minas Tirith instead (rather silly, but well - the freedom of the Artist...

So I was right with my guess of southern Gondor, but i still have to find the Point i the text yet..., perhaps in the Appendix?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reinhard Sabel wrote:

He is the Leader of Lamedon, a fief in the South of Gondor. He led the Southern Gondorian reinforcements, which reach the battle of Minas Tirith just in time to turn the Tide.

Thanks a lot! Interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.