Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just acquired a box of approximately 1,000 WOW TCG cards, and I'm wondering what to do with them. I never played before, and had no idea the game was discontinued three years ago. Is there still a community for the game, or is it just collectors at this point? Are there any highly sought after cards I should keep an eye out for, or is it just another paperweight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Salazar
msg tools
mb
i used to play this game professionally. As in I had no work and I had to win prize money in order to live for a year and a half
missed it dearly. your post brought back fine memories. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really recommend just getting a few of your friends into it to buy their own decks, or buy 3,000-4,000 cards yourself off of geek websites and make your own decks of each class if your friends aren't willing to buy their own. Sadly, as far as I can tell, the game is rather dead and basically Blizzard replaced it with Hearthstone, but it's an awesome tcg and is a great addition to the board game rotation for game night as it's quick to learn and pre-made decks (made by you) make it easy for beginners to pick up.

If you want the in-depth rules they can be found here:

https://www.cryptozoic.com/sites/default/files/uploads/files...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
anyone want cards? i have cards! i sell cards to you! we make good deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grindstaff
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm interested in getting started in this game, (story of my life that the game has been dead for year before I take notice). Was thinking about trying to make a card template in gimp to make some Proxies for my wife and I to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's pretty fun. I need to dust off my card binders and pull them from storage. Maybe put them in an auction. I've got raids and dungeons and cards and more cards and some more cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing solo/cooperative against some of the later raids. I could use a couple more cards from the later sets if anyone is selling cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
are you looking for anything certain or just some cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I got into this last year and have actually been doing what someone above said, making decks for each class that people can choose from when they come over. I've been having a lot of trouble finding places to buy cards, though. Outside of ebay, ccgarmory, and trollandtoad I've not had any luck and they don't have a lot of the cards I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just looking for cards, particularly from Worldbreaker on. I've managed to acquire a bunch of Heroes of Azeroth and Dark Portal commons and uncommons. I'm going to experiment with a 30 card deck variant to work with my limited collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll try to get over to storage soon and break out my sets and see what's what.

I've got a pretty big collection of older stuff and some new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules D
United Kingdom
Annan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play the raids at club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash Justice
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I just found a case with two decks in it at a thrift store for $1, figured it was at least worth that much. It seems to run on a simplified Vs. System (also by Upper Deck). As far as storage is concerned, the plastic cases are pretty nifty. Yet another TCG I'll probably never bother to play, I'll put it right next to my VS and Magic Decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too only discovered this game after it was out of production. Last year, I played it a lot with my kids and some kids from the neighborhood. Everybody got their own starter set and a handful of boosters. I bought two booster boxes that helped fill in the gaps, but by this time, prices had gone up because people were seeking the scratch-off cards for the online game. A cool gamer ended up shipping me his whole collection for the price of shipping. He'd only been interested in the online game and wasn't using the cards. It was somewhere around 40 lbs of cards.

I have far more cards than I could ever use and I am willing to share. Most of these are from the older sets (i.e., no Reign of Fire). Likewise, if you have any Reign of Fire cards that you aren't using, I am game for a trade. I also have a few duplicate Raid Decks that I'll be glad to trade for ones that I don't have or other random stuff.

If anyone is interested, GM me. I'll have to take a look at which sets I have available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost
msg tools
Dash Justice wrote:
It seems to run on a simplified Vs. System (also by Upper Deck).

WoWtcg is actually much closer to Magic in rules and game flow than it is to Vs System. Almost all of the rules of play are taken directly from the Magic game engine.

The exceptions being that the combat step works a bit differently - attacks are one at a time, and the attacker can choose where they go rather than the defender choosing who blocks like in MTG. Also the mana system is a bit different with any card in your hand being able to be played face-down as a resource, and the limit on what cards you can play is based on the hero you choose rather than based on what colors of mana you decided to include.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got the big box out of storage. Sorting. If anyone is after anything lemme me know and I'll see what I can pull out and maybe we can work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay lombardi
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
dude, id buy them from you....hit me up on txt at 479-254-1149 or email me at gitmoseafood@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
who are you replying too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.